27 May 2012

Being outdoorsy

I feel like I haven't blogged in absolutely ages seen as I have been busy at Carlton Lodge Outdoor Centre; pushing poor children into lakes and climbing up massive wooden poles takes it out of you I tell you! Pretty impressed that me and Emma managed to climb to the top of the big wooden post in the picture below and actually stand on that platform with NOTHING to hold onto before being yanked off backwards. That was nooooothing compared to what they did to us in October though. On our last day they put our clothes in a massive bag and hung it over the wobbly rope bridge for us to try and get back! Obviously we ended up in the lake :) I've had a blast though and got an immense tan! I was expecting a waterproof day on Tuesday but it was actually hotter than Hawaii!

The sunny weather has got me very very very excited about my Summer plans, despite my slightly burnt bits!  I am finally in the Royal loving spirit as my Mum has decided to have a Jubilee party :) I was getting quite annoyed about the amount of foreigners parading round York wearing various union jack inspired attire; though this could be because I was power walking back from the train station and had a typical English grumble on. However I am now going to have to don my finest red, white and blue outfit and enjoy some tea and cake in the sunshine.

I am off to Chester zoo with James on Friday which is obviously REALLY exciting :) I haven't seen him for 6 weeks now because of us both being super busy at Uni ...PLUS It's our first little road trip together because I am driving!! dkjnfksnfkw EEEEP! As it's for his birthday we are going all out and treating ourselves to the outdoor BBQ at Cafe Bembe... it's not obvious I have been trawling the website in anticipation is it? And if that wasn't enough animal antics for me, at the end of August me and the famalam are going to Edinburgh zoo so I can see the Giant Pandas!! I am torn between wanting a long relaxing summer or wanting it to hurry up so I can go and see them :D

Last Wednesday I was expecting to feel some sort of relief for handing in my final assignment of second year but I am still not feeling it! Maybe it's because I am waaaaaaaaaaay too full of excitement to possibly feel any other emotion! Only one more day at Uni to tie up some loose ends and then I can start preparing for two weeks in Lanzarote :D WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)