13 May 2012

March to your own beat

Yet more procrastination has been occurring this weekend, I am most definitely the procrastination Queen this year as I haven't wanted to do any of my assignments! I've just got back from one heck of a bike ride to Morrissons and back; it doesn't sound that long but when you are me and you get lost trying to find the entrance to a cycle path then it become a enormous journey :( at least I have an excuse for the tea and millionaire shortbread that is sat on my side!

It was Leah's last day of second year on Friday so I spent the evening celebrating with her that she had finally finished (and wallowing in the fact I haven't). We went for a meal at Zizzis because we thought we could get two courses for £10.95. Turns out that you can't on a Friday but they do offer 25% off your bill for NUS cardholders, score!  There was sooooo much good food to choose from but I settled for the penne della casa which was IMMENSE :) Zizzis is my new favourite restaurant fo sho!


We also popped along to an Art Exhibition and I felt all sophisticated and worldly haha! Leah's friends from her course had organised an exhibition of their work because they wanted to have more freedom with what they were doing, rather than just doing what they needed for Uni. I thought it was all pretty amazing to be honest, even if the purpose was lost on me a bit... "movements of Dada through Minimalism to Neo-expressionism and Pseudorealism"... um what?

After my evening off on Friday I was meant to be getting on with my own Art and Design Tech assignment yesterday. However in usual procrastination fashion, I skyped, chilled, chatted on the phone and bought some cool new high tops that I've wanted for ages now I had permission from Mamma and Papa bear. I can be creative through my footwear right?


I wiiiiiiiill get my work done, it's just that the fun making part is over and now it's the boring writing part. Two thousand words to justify why I made a reusable shopping bag and painted a polar bear... climate change was my theme... only one thousand, nine hundred and ninety five words to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)