4 May 2012

Shed Seven

I think I might have permanently damaged Dally after only one night in York. I can't say York is a particularly crazy place compared to other cities I could have gone to for University but there are some awesome bars here as Dally found out last night!

Her trip started off quite well as we had a go at making hand-made veggie burgers! We used a recipe from my innocent hungry? book which I had wanted to try for ages but the recipe supposedly makes 4 burgers; way too much for me! We made a complete mess of my kitchen with sweet potato floating about in the sink, grated courgette and halloumi EVERYWHERE and a little sprinkling of flour to top it off. The recipe made absolutely loooooooads of burgers; if I had made four out of that mixture I would have had burgers the size of my head!! Here is the finished meal, complete with plastic plates, alphabet letters (the only shaped potato for teachers of course!) and a classy pint of  rosé.



After a few hours watching Sammy's music buddies perform at Uni we got round to introducing Dally to Evil Eye Lounge. There is no way I can possibly explain how many different cocktail options they have so here is the drinks menu for you to have a gander at! I decided to play it safe with an 'Apple Strudel' which was so so so so so yummy! It was like apple pie in liquid form; zubrowka vodka, apple schnapps, apple cider puree, apple and elderflower.. amazing! Dally on the other hand decided to go all out and order the 'Shed Seven'. I tried to warn her but noooooo she happily orders a drink that seven different kinds of rum, absinthe AND grenadine in it! Absolutely insane!



It is safe to say that Dally isn't feeling too healthy this morning haha, still in bed at 12:30! I'm happily sat here eating numerous breakfasts and wondering what we are going to get up to day :) our tour of York is definitely going to be cut down a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)