5 April 2012

never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

I came across the quote in this post's title while I was in the middle of my usual perusing of pinterest and I really liked it :) You might look back at your life and think 'why oh why?' or 'for the love of god what was I thinking?' but at that point in your life that was what you were wanting to do :)

... WHY OH WHY?!?


Ha ha ha! Now this got me thinking about my hair, I know this seems like a very shallow digression to be taking but for me it all just seemed relevant :) I have not always been very nice to my hair, I have dyed it and heat damaged it within an inch of it's life for years but finally I am on the quest for beautiful natural hair!

I decided to create a hair journey for you to see all the different looks I've had over the past five years; even I can't believe how much I've changed!


When I was about thirteen I started messing about with hair dye, semi-permanent red and purple were on the agenda but I gave up on this after a bit and had natural hair for a few years. The first picture is fifteen year old me with lovely long natural hair that I decided to chop off when I was sixteen as I was feeling a bob :) Now I am REALLY impatient when it comes to growing my hair, so while I was in the process of growing out my bob, I decided to go blonde for a few months and experiment with extensions. I loved being blonde but my poor hair did not agree! I returned to the dark side and spent most of freshers with really dry crappy hair :'( Last year I took the plunge and went short again, this time opting for a Frankie Sandford inspired look, to cut off all the damaged ends. After NINE MONTHS of growing this out and having to tuck the left side behind my ear for what felt like forever, I FINALLY have my bob back :) Just another year or so until I  have lovely long natural hair again!!! :)


I definitely don't regret anything that I've done to my hair, or anything else I've done in my life in fact :) I have learnt from my successes and my mistakes and I often laugh at how naiive I was at times :) I have always been a bloomin nutter and a bit of a geek and I guess I always will be :D

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
- Anon 

2 comments:

  1. The title of this blog is really lovely and very true :) I am totally like you when it comes to hair, always wanting changes to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm growing my hair out right now, too, so I feel your pain. I'm trying to keep myself from colouring it too right now, so I have blonde on the bottom half and brunette from that point up to my roots.

    Rockin' it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for getting in touch :)