22 April 2012

Bare faced beautiful.

Doesn't everybody wish they had really nice skin?

For as far back as I can remember all I have wanted was lovely clear skin that I didn't have to wear make-up with. Unfortunately as a teenager I was one of those with rubbishy skin that sent me running for the cosmetic counters with my pocket money as soon as I could.

 I have lost count how many different spotty skin ranges I have tried over the years and all of them kind of work but then dry my skin out so badly! As an adult I have realised I have slightly oily but VERY sensitive skin and I also suffer from rosacea that flares up when I'm stressed or when I drink alcohol; major BOO!

Everyone knows how tough it is in today's society with the pressure to look a certain way; it isn't exactly a new story. I'm thinking that as a teacher I should be thinking about my influence on the children I work with, I should be happy in my own skin right? I'm a strong believer that there should be some more natural looking women on the television, we have plus sized models now which is amazing and a whole load better for the younger generation to aspire to. I was really happy to see how gorgeous and bare faced Jennifer Lawrence was for her portrayal of Katniss Everdeen in Hunger Games; I went to watch it again last week and she does look fantastic natural.

So I am now on a make-up detox. It is one of the toughest things in the world for me because it's one thing that really bugs me about me, I don't care about my weight or my hair or my teeth or whatever else, skin is the thing for me! I have officially made it ten days so far without wearing a scrap of make-up (partly because I have been ill) and I have to say my skin is looking a little clearer! I'm not saying I will never wear make-up again, I will still enjoy getting glammed up for a night out but I'm trying to stick to a fresh every day look.

I am really determined at the moment but I'm still going to need that little bit of inspiration along the way. Seeing celebrities without make-up for some girls can trigger nasty comments just to make themselves feel better but I think we should celebrate the lovely ladies that are putting their bare faces out there for the world to see!



Jennifer Love Hewitt tweeted a picture of herself without make-up and of course I retweeted it :)


I am a Jennifer Love Hewitt fan after watching her in Ghost Whisperer for years, she always look lovely in her stunning dresses with the big smoky eyes. I think she looks equally as good, if not better, without all the make-up :) You go Jen!




I also gave my blog a fresh makeover too :) hope you guys like it
x

2 comments:

  1. As a regular commenter... I thought I shuold comment!

    I really wish I could write like you Jenny! Love this blog and its so true! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sam :D I thought I would write about something more serious this week rather than my usual babble :P xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for getting in touch :)