29 April 2012

Got to get down on Friday.

I have been super geeking out this week as I promised myself I would do when I got back to Uni :) The dreaded Maths assignment got handed in on Wednesday which definitely called for a night out with my house mates and the primary ed girlies in Salvation! Despite having to send Sammy home after too many jagerbombs I had a great night :) and I was even at the library at 9am the next morning starting on my humanities assignment, what a trooper!


Sammy's mate from her music course was celebrating her 21st birthday this week so we all got invited along as a sort of +5. I decided to give myself a break as I have had Egyptians, APP grids and Piaget coming out of my ears this week and go along with them. Friday nights in York are pretty expensive because all of the drinks offers are usually Mon-Thurs :'( We wanted to treat ourselves to a cocktail (or three!) in Evil Eye Lounge because they are divine but they weren't letting people in because it was too busy! We ended up in Blue Fly as they were doing £4 cocktails but the most HILARIOUS guy started talking to us.


First he starts trying to palm off his drinks, "try this, try this it's vodka." Slightly sceptical as it was very cloudy, after the sniff test.. confirmed not to be vodka. Then we have an entire speech, complete with forgotten words, about how people in life are random and there has to be progression. Um.. what now?? Then he kind of gives up on this and starts calling Carl the silent assassin and everyone else an anti-Christ, sounds like a right friendly chap doesn't he? His big finale was to pull up his top and flash us his beer belly. Classy guy. I did take a picture of him sneakily but to save the poor bloke from embarrassment by this story I shan't include it in this post!

I have Dally coming to visit from Thursday to Saturday so I'm hoping we don't come across any more of York's loonies while out and about! I am officially her tour guide so fingers crossed I've managed to plan out a lovely few days for her to enjoy :D On the agenda we have a bit of live music at Uni, cocktails at Evil Eye, eating out, a Ghost Walk and plenty of girly shopping in the cute shops on Stonegate and the Shambles.


Now I'm off to try and make a canopic jar out of salt dough while my house mates go and watch the Avengers :) story of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)