24 April 2012

Bits and bobs

Sometimes in life it is all about the little things. We are all so busy and wrapped up in the important things that we need to get done that we forget to appreciate the small things that make the world go round. All I seem to think about lately is my Uni assignments and it is driving me crazy :'( so I'm dedicating this post to the little things that have made me smile lately :)

Fundraising
My housemate Leah and her cousin are running the Race for Life in June this year. Now that is going to be an amazing feat for Leah as she is super unfit (sorry but you know it's true) :P I'm really proud of her for taking part and I have already donated money on their sponsor page which you can find below. As of writing this blog they are £30 of the way to their £50 target which is amazing for the few days the page has been up. If you guys have a spare pound then I am sure they would be super grateful if you sent it their way :)

Charity Shop finds
In a few of my recent posts I have mentioned how disappointed I am with high street stores at the moment. How am I meant to get a new holiday wardrobe when I don't like anything? :'( major shopping strops/depression were on the cards until I thought about having a look in charity shops. I went to the Compton Hospice near my home in Wolverhampton over Easter and I came away with a lovely Next jumper and a Warehouse skirt for £4.50! There are plenty of charity shops in York so I will most definitely be having browse when I next go into town. You can also buy online, most charities now have a shop on their site so snap up a bargain before someone else does :) I wanted to show you the Oxfam online shop but they are having a refit! So here is a picture of a goat instead...

A new recipe
I bought a new recipe book for Uni because I love to try new food :) I opted for the Innocent book 'Hungry?' that you can buy from here. So far I've tried the quesadillas, spanish eggs in a pot that you can see below and the boozy milk (sans booze).

It is such a cute book with all the wit of innocent drinks. There is a guide to good eggs, what to buy in season each month and ideas of what you can do in 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins etc while you wait for your food to cook.

The power of the hula hoop
It is no secret in my house that I looooooooooove to hula hoop; a trip to the beach back in September ended up trying to squish my new lovely yellow hoop into my housemate's boyfriend's tiny car. I know you can fake hula hoop on the wii fit and supposedly burn calories but I never really think about it when I have a hula session. This article on http://hellogiggles.com/ (Zooey Deschanel fans need to check this out) got me really excited as it highlights all the benefits of hula hooping!

A feel good song... on repeat!
This song magically got me through my maths assignment yesterday! When I originally watched 500 days of Summer this was favourite part of the film :) 

3 comments:

Thank you for getting in touch :)