13 April 2012

A bee is never as busy as it seems; it's just that it can't buzz any slower.

So I might have accidentally given myself a two week break from doing my Uni work by inadvertently doing loads of other useless stuff instead. I'd like to think I've been busy but really I have just been filling my days with enjoyable, though some may say unnecessary, tasks rather than geeking it up like a good student should. As of this weekend the nerd cap in going on and I will be getting as much work done as possible.. well until next Thursday because our trip to the Harry Potter Studio Tour will FINALLY be here!

So what have I actually been doing with my time? I hear you ask. I don't have a job, I haven't really been studying that much and I haven't had any other responsibilities or obligations that would steal my time other than spending time with my family and James. Weeeeeeell...

I made gingerbread men with Nikki
So unbelievably yum! Find the recipe here :) Good old BBC.



I had a super long catch up in starbucks
When we are free from our super busy lives, Dally, Pam and I like to go to Starbucks, order one drink and then sit there for about three hours talking about EVERYTHING we missed out on in the last few weeks. It is tradition.

I blog about absolute rubbish
When I write a post, it is literally all my thoughts at present thrown on to a page. I am still surprised that people like to read them haha it also makes me doubt your sanity a little ;)

Look at this funny llama :)


...and my name in llama! Cooooool.


The more observant of you may of noticed the new tabs at the top :) check it out!

I went to my neighbours wedding
There was so many people and food and beer and beer and beer and even more alcohol and a GIANT marquee in the garden! Now I'm no expert on these celebrations so I asked Dally to write you a little something :) I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did!



"One of the things I love about being Indian is the weddings. Simple, but true. Indian weddings have to be some of the most over the top, extravagant, but yet incredibly loving and personal events you will ever witness.
For anyone unfamiliar with the Indian culture, the weddings have the potential to be quite an overwhelming event. For Asian families it’s not unknown for hundreds of family members and friends to be invited to join in all parts of the celebration which can often last a week (Yes, A WEEK!). At my first cousin’s wedding I don’t think I slept for four days as I was roped into cooking, seeing guests, making decorations, babysitting, and of course being force fed an unbelievable amount of food doused in copious amounts of butter and sugar (How I have not yet contracted diabetes or heart disease I’ll never know!)

Every time I go to a family wedding, I walk into the reception hall after the morning ceremony at the temple and am greeted by hundreds of people flittering about, music so loud I begin to contemplate the DJ’s hearing abilities, often a table full of beautifully displayed exotic fruits and if I’m lucky a chocolate fountain I spend the whole night next to! As soon as we take our seats mountains of freshly cooked food is put in front of us, alcohol is offered like it’s going out of fashion and everyone is literally made to dance like no one’s watching. Even at the tender age of 52, having been to hundreds of Indian weddings in his lifetime, the look on my Dad’s face when another pint is put in front of him before he has even taken a sip of his first always guarantees hilarity! 
So much blood sweat and tears are gone into planning these weddings, as with any event they don’t always go to plan but there’s one thing for sure...Asians sure do know how to celebrate!"
I finished reading When God was a Rabbit
I do not recommend.




I have owned the road in my Dad's car
Yes I have been on the roads people! I haven't driven since I passed my test in September but I think my driving is pretty immense. The car is an automatic but lets just slip over that slight detail shall we? :P I really want to take James to Chester Zoo for his 21st as we are loser animal lovers :) never met a guy so into penguins. So I have to prove to my dad that I'm not going to die on the way, so far so good!




I also had to wait a day to post this as I decided to fall ill, on Friday 13th would you believe it! I guess that's another day off from doing some work then ;)

3 comments:

  1. Love this blog Jenny :) I am currently working on persuading Richard to get an 'alpaca' which is very similar to a Llama :) They make very good sheep guards as foxes are scared of them and they chase them away from the lambs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh Sam that is so cool :D I would like them even more if they didn't spit so much!

    www.llamafont.com if you want to see your name in llama too ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Sam I love this contribution :) also Jenny just been catching up on your blog and taking notes! (I've been asked to do one for university- will definitely need your help!) :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for getting in touch :)