3 June 2012

Now I'm the king of the swingers

Helloooooo from the lovely city of Wolverhampton :) I know I always whinge about it but it has been nice to be home. My bedroom is looking ridiculously full as I seem to have acquired a load of junk over the past year at Uni but it is much more homely than it usually is when I visit home. This week I finally got to celebrate James' birthday, which was on the 20th May! I treated him to a day out at Chester Zoo on Friday because we are both animal nuts (though he likes to keep it secret haha) :P The nice weather managed to hold out for us so we had a lovely day in the sunshine checking out the okapi, cassowaries, komodo dragon and of course all the normal animals too! 


James loved it all (I think!) apart from the tropical realm because the birds are allowed to roam free and there is a constant fear of getting poo right on your head! My favourite part of the day was watching the orang-utans in the 'Realm of the Red Ape' enclosure. When I went last year they were very docile so I didn't have high expectations for it this time but I was very very wrong! There were baby orang-utans swinging and rolling around all over the place :D check out the video below for a quick glimpse that I managed to record! Cheeky little monkeys :)


Being the nice girlfriend that I am, I even bought us tickets to have a ride on the water bus :) There are these kind of man-made rivers through some of the enclosures that the water bus goes on. I was quite impressed how close you can get to some of the animals, the giraffes and the buffy-headed capuchins were the stars of the trip :) We were literally five metres away from the mommy and baby giraffe! 


I hope you all have some amazing plans for the jubilee weekend despite the typical British weather :P I will fill you in on my Royal antics later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)