10 June 2012

The secret madness in happiness


I am a very happy bunny today, the sun has his beaming yellow face in the sky and I am liking it! Making the most of this Sunday, chilling in the conservatory and not helping my parentals do the gardening :P All this time off from Uni has already got me pondering the ins and outs of absolutely everything... as well as getting addicted to Pinterest!! I saw the little quote above and it got me thinking, I am a bloomin' weirdo but I'm happy! So here are a few of my secrets that make me.. well me!

Fear of wet wood
This sounds ridiculous I know but I cannot stand the feel of wet wooden spoons or wooden ice lolly sticks. Urgh it's giving me shivers just thinking about it! I don't have many phobias but this is most certainly my number one! This uniquely wonderful phobia however was a lovely ice-breaker in my first year of Uni. In a lecture we had to write our biggest fear on a piece of paper and put it in our pockets, I had totally forgot about it and accidentally dropped it on the floor of my bathroom. Poor Leah found this ominous note and I haven't been able to live it down since!


I am proud of my ginormous forehead.. it's regal you know ;)
Queen Liz the first used to pluck her hairline so that she could have a bigger forehead. It was seen as an aristocratic trait and a sign of being wealthy and beautiful. How can I possibly knock myself for having a facial feature so historically important eh?

Video Games
The only games I have ever been able to complete expect Harry Potter are the Tomb Raider ones. My uncle used to play them on his old PS1 when I was a kid and I must have picked up my uncanny skills subconsciously from watching him. I actually really love playing video games (not that I tell anyone) and I am currently working through the second Lego Harry Potter with Nikki :) I shall never forget where it all started though, Lara Croft will always be my homegirl.


God helped me pass my driving test
I've always considered myself to be agnostic; I'm not religious per say but I do believe there is something else out there. I have never prayed in my life but last September I was so desperate to pass my driving test I actually gave it a shot. I thought I was going to be like spongebob, taking my test over and over so there has just got to be another explanation as to how I passed with only one minor :)

I think my initials are the bomb
Absolutely nobody that I know actually agrees with me on this but my initials JD are the BEST! Who else can say that they share initials with cool tv characters Dr John Dorian and Jess Day ;) It also stands for Jack Daniels aaaaaaand it's a sports shop. I'm sure there are other reasons too but no other initials can compare :P

I don't think I've ever had a serious problem in my life
My nearest and dearest always say that I am insanely lucky and I actually have to agree. Everything in my life always turns out right :) I have a feeling this has something to do with my inane karma beliefs and I am always scared my luck will change; you can't take these things for granted you know! Fooooor example; in high school almost everybody gets called a nasty name or two.. I got called a fish. I actually really like fish now that I come to think of it :) I mean look how neat this guy is


Dear fourteen year old self... that was a super cool nickname! Check out these fishy facts and become a fish loving gal like me:

  • The lung fish can live out of water for as long as four years!
  • Humpback whales create the loudest sound of any living creature.
  • The sailfish can swim at the speed of 109 km/h, making it the fastest swimmer.
Seven is always the magic number
If J.K. Rowling says it is then it is. Thats why there are seven facts about me in today's post ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)