28 March 2012

Book Worming

It is no secret that I like to read; when I was younger I possibly read every single book in the children's section of my library... except the goosebump series, I couldn't handle those. Since the age of eight I have been the biggest Harry Potter fan; I have vivid memories of reading the first four books in quick succession and then waiting avidly for the next to be released. Yes I was one of those that pre-ordered at Waterstones and then couldn't put it down until I finished. So it won't surprise you that this has been the best email I have received in a LONG LONG LONG time;


ALL of the Harry Potter books on my kindle for £39.99?!?! Christmas PLEASE come sooner!!!!

For those of you who are not familiar with Pottermore, it's like an online reading experience created by J.K Rowling where you can unlock read excerpts and chapters that weren't included in the book. You also get sorted into a house and get a wand but that would only excite nerds such as myself :P Ravenclaw with Pear wood & unicorn hair wand for those who would like to know hahaha. It's open to the public in April so all you HP addicts better get signed up! Lucky for me I was an unemployed layabout for the summer of 2011 so I managed to be of the million that got granted early access in September ;)

Tomorrow also marks THREE WEEKS until the Harry Potter Studio Tour! skjfsaioncusanmxckniw!!!!!!


I honestly don't know what I'd do without my kindle now, I know I always rave about it but having that much literature at my fingertips is just ridiculously exciting! Without it I would never have got through the whole Hunger Games trilogy in less than a week :D Which brings me to today's epiphany

Hunger Games is THE best thing since Harry Potter.

The books were soooo captivating that I didn't put them down, not even to sleep while I was on placement! Today I saw the film and now the whole thing just seems complete. Me and Sammy were welling up right from the word go! They couldn't have done a better job, it was amazing! Even those of you who haven't read the books, go right now and see it!!



I am currently reading 'When God was a Rabbit' by Sarah Winman. Got to say... one of the strangest things I have read recently but still very intriguing. Not too sure where she is going with it but I am sure to stick with it and find out :)


Does anyone have any amazing book recommendations that I could add to my 'read next' list? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)