11 March 2012

Back to basics.

Buenos dias mi amigos!

I am delighted to see that Spring is finally in the air; the daffodils have bloomed and I have heard there are baby lambs in the world! Sam King you should definitely be blogging about this, City dwellers such as myself don't usually get to hear about this first hand! My bicycle has come out of hibernation along with the animals and my Spring resolution is to ride it to Uni as often as possible, I am ridiculously unfit after cosying up for Winter so the five minute ride to Uni usually gets me out of puff, however by Easter I am determined for this to be a thing of the past :) some nicely toned legs wouldn't go amiss either!


Now this back to basics post was inspired by the fact I'm back in Wolverhampton for the first time since Christmas, even if it is only for two days. As much as I enjoy living in York, it is always nice to sleep in your old bed and then eat absolutely everything that your parents have in the fridge :D Now I popped into town today because I had spied  a rather nice skirt on the River Island website for only £10! They hadn't got it in the teeny tiny York store so I had everything crossed that Wolverhampton would have it in stock. Alas, they didn't :( but I managed to bag a bargain in Republic and got a gorgeous aztec style skirt in the sale at £8 instead! I will be wearing this on Monday for my first night out in York since the dawn of time, wahooo!

River Island
£10

I recommend that you all go into Republic if you have started stocking up for your Summer wardrobe because they have some gorgeous pieces in there. I got an amazing play-suit ready for my Summer trip to Lanzarote and I was eyeing up loads of the lovely dresses and tops in there as well. Now if the clothes aren't enough to persuade you, Republic are also offering 20% off when you sign up to receive emails. Obviously the student inside me jumped at the chance for some discount so now I have loads of little 20% off tokens that I can use in store or online, bargain!




Miso Playsuit 
That I own, oooooh yeah! So excited to soak up the sun in this beautiful playsuit. I love the patterns and the colours and it even has a ruffle that doesn't make me look top heavy... perfect!

£26

£20.80 with 20% off







Miso Dipped Hem Maxi
This has the potential to be my next buy! I know some people aren't too keen on the dipped hems but I am willing to make an exception for this one.

£26

£20.80 with 20% off





I used to be a huge fan of River Island and Topshop during my 6th form days and it pains me to say that I am really disappointed in what they are offering lately. There are so many other high street stores that are much more student friendly and I think they offer much better value for money.

Shopping Tip: If you like something in River Island, check out ASOS first because they have selected stock from River Island but they offer 10% off for NUS card holders ;) sneaky!


Seaweed Product Review
My regular readers will remember about 3 weeks ago I purchased this Seaweed facial mini kit from Body Shop. I was really excited to start using the products because the read-up sounded exactly like what I needed for my skin, however I have to admit I was a little disappointed. The reviews on the website were raving about the Seaweed saying that it was perfect for people that have combination skin but find the tea tree range too drying for their skin. I have previously used the tea tree and indeed had this problem but I found the seaweed did the exact same thing. I did clear my pores and keep my skin matte which is what I wanted from the product but the side effects of this was to deal with the tight feeling, dry skin afterwards :( sorry Body Shop but this one just isn't for me!


I will be returning to my much preferred Simple skincare range, why did I ever leave it in the first place? Who will ever know!


Before I leave you, after yet another essay of a blog post, I know this such a 'jump on the bandwagon' song but who else is ridiculously addicted? Me and my housemate saw it about a month ago and I literally can't watch the video without being weirdly transfixed!



Adios

xx

1 comment:

  1. Wooo :) I love my mention :) I will blog at somepoint when im not busy helping with the spring lambs :) The best moment is putting them out in the field for the first time, I shall take a photo and share it with you :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for getting in touch :)