4 March 2012

Drip drip drop little March shower.

Why the heavens have decided to open over York on the one weekend where I have no plans is beyond me. I have enjoyed the time to myself though to catch up on all those little things that I have neglected over placement. Now my last few posts have been very teacher related and I feel my blog needs dragging back to it's usual direction so I'm dedicating this post to what has been ticking over in my brain this weekend :)

1. Serious furniture envy
I love reading the Lovely Undergrad blog; she is funny and creative and the posts are always a good read. Have you ever watched a TV programme and wondered how they get their rooms decorated so nicely? Well wonder no more! Lovely Undergrad has plenty of posts where she breaks down the colour scheme of the room and creates beautiful mood boards that can help you create the same vibe in your room. My favourite is Penny's Apartment from the Big Bang Theory, I will definitely be channelling her decor when I move into my new house in September!


Here is another of her amazing finds, if I manage to find a chair like this in my lifetime I will be very happy!


2. Pinterest
I had heard a few things about this website but I was never really sure what it was until earlier this week when Sammy showed it to me. From what I can gather you sort of create pinboards of your different interests; for example I have a want list and a YUM board that I pin recipes to. When you first sign up you click on the topics that interest you and then loads of things pop up on the pinterest homepage for you to share on your pinboards. There is looooooads of cool stuff to be honest like recipes, photography, home decor and style. For some reason it is invite only by people who already have pinterest so find someone who has it and get involved!


3.I have forgotten how to relax
Yesterday was my first day off where I didn't actually have anything important to do but I still did my washing, hoovered and cleaned my room, cooked my breakfast and Skyped my family all before 10am! I just can't sit still, even when I was waiting for my dinner to cook I was hula hooping in the living room. This did take it's toll though seen as I face planted my kindle at around 4pm and had a teeny nap which I NEVER   do! Today I am determined to do nothing but slob around watching tv and eating but we will see how long that lasts!

4. I really want some new dresses ready for Spring/Summer
Am I the only one that is fed up with boring dark winter clothes? I am wishing for days when I can don my flouncy dresses and sandals and merrily skip to Uni. I have found a few dresses from Forever21 that I really quite like and they are not too expensive for a student budget unlike other shops (Yes I'm talking about you Topshop!). If you have never heard of Forever21 go have a look here. I know they have a store in Birmingham but I'm not sure where else but nevermind because they offer free delivery deals most of the time!


5. People going to V Fest are going to have an awesome time
Weston Park is close to where I live so I'm pretty much used to lots of people I know getting tickets but this year there is a lot of people from Uni that managed to get tickets too! I know I can't afford it this year on my student budget but I'm gutted I'm going to miss out on Snow Patrol headlining! I know that everyone who got tickets will have an amazing time!!! 


V Festival 2010 memories










Ciao xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)