1 August 2012

Seven reasons why...

...it is totally fabulous being single

Let's not beat around the bush, break-ups are hard. Period. But there is much more to life than being part of a couple! Jason Derulo even wrote a song about the positives of riding solo ;) I'm one of those girls that is happy in a relationship but also happy being single, but I'm also a strong believer of only being in a relationship if you are happy and it is working for both of you. You should make the most of your life and be happy, no matter what your relationship status is! So here are a few things that are my pros of the single life...

more 'me' time
It's soooo good having loads of time to look after myself now; face masks, body butter, spending hours on my nails, you name it! A film and girly pampering, that makes you feel amazing, beats a night of checking football scores or watching him play Call of Duty every time.


slob days
When you finally reach long term relationship territory it becomes acceptable to look your absolute worse on a regular basis because your guy should love you unconditionally right? I have totally done this on many occasions but I still felt super guilty that I wasn't making an effort. Now I can wake up with no worries about how awful I look; panda eyes.. no problem!

glamour glamour glamour
Being single is NO excuse to let yourself go; yes eat your weight in ice-cream for a few days but then you need to get a grip! It's amazing what a good body scrub, nice smelling shampoo and your favourite dress can do to your outlook on life :) Look fabulous, feel fabulous. Katy Perry didn't stop being one hot mama just because of Russell now did she? Nope, she turned it up a notch.


movie moments
There is a really good column in Cosmopolitan magazine thats is all about the single/taken life. Laura Jane MacBeth writes all about the single life in a brilliantly witty fashion and I'd like to share some of her advice. All mundane moments in your life like waiting for the bus, shopping for groceries or visiting the gym now become a potential moment for you to meet fantastic guys. It doesn't just happen in the movies ;)

freedom
I can't really complain about past relationships because I have always been allowed to do my own thing, however it is never the same as when you are single. For me, I just got out of an 'opposites attract' relationship so now I feel like the pressure of understanding and participating in stuff that I'm just not interested in has gone :) it works both ways though, I no longer have to watch someone force themselves to do something that I naturally find really enjoyable. Watching six Harry Potter films in a week so he could watch the seventh in cinema was some definite dedication to me! It's just great to be able to go to places I like and do what I enjoy without having to consider anyone else :)


switch off
Being in a long distance relationship meant that I was really reliant on technology. Phone calls, texting, facebook and skype all played a major part in our communication. Don't get me wrong I love all these things but it's nice to just spend an hour without checking to see if he has spoke to you. I can now read a book without getting distracted by texts :D

guilt free ogling & flirting
Having Ryan Gosling as your phone background is now more than acceptable. Smiling at that guy in the queue in Asda is totally fine. I am a total flirting novice after being off the market for two years but I will get there soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)