30 July 2012

The world is your oyster.. or insert a more original proverb

If I actually learnt anything in the past fortnight at Project International, number one would definitely be that you should never stop exploring. Meet new people, visit new places, say yes more and always learn something new. As a poor student sometimes this can be a bit tough as you don't want to break the bank but  I have also learnt that there can be some hidden gems in your local area that you just need to open your eyes to :)


Little Helen was a pain in the bum but also a total cutie, however she is a bit of an inspiration too. At only nine years old and she flew all the way from Taiwan to England and stayed away from home for a whole three weeks. If a nine year old can travel to the other side of the world then why can't I?


Even revisiting places you have been to a million times can be eye-opening when you go with different people because you have to stop and look around you rather than the usual rush. I don't think I ever really thought about how beautiful Ironbridge and Birmingham actually are until last week! I've been a tourist in York but it's about time I was a tourist in my own city and the local area :) who knows what I could find.


I've also had invites to stay all over the place.. not by the kids of course! But they could come in handy if I want to know the cool places to visit if I ever find myself in Barcelona or Paris one day :D Who knows what the future holds eh? I think my international travels for 2012 are over but there is still plenty of time to drive all over the UK! I'm up in York this week to move out of my Emerald Street house and into my new house ready for third year. Next week I have a Manchester date planned with Dally; plenty of shopping and coffee drinking is on the agenda of course. Then to wrap up my Summer I have a week in Edinburgh with my family :) not just to see the giant pandas of course ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)