9 November 2014

October round up

It's a week into November already? Well October passed me by in a happy blur of pumpkins, leaves, rain and facepaint! It was a big month for me and Ryan as we moved in together (as well as relocating to Cornwall) and I started a new job that wasn't in a standard classroom! I've not blogged for a fortnight as this is the first time I've had time to sit and reflect on what I've been doing... plus my laptop is broken but that's a story for another time :)

October's five happy things 

One: Since we moved we've had a few visitors and spent time with our families. Ryan's Dad and Julia visited this weekend and left this morning after a very busy Saturday and plenty of my homemade beetroot brownies. My Mum and Dad helped us move in last month and definitely took advantage of having a long weekend break in Cornwall. We had tea and cake in St Ives and there was even time left for some seal spotting at Godrevy. During half term my Nan and Grandad were holidaying in Looe with my Aunty, Uncle and cousins, so I spent a day with them perusing the many shops in Looe and catching up over a pub lunch. It's always nice to have visitors so I'm looking forward to some friends maybe visiting next.

Two: Ryan thinks I'm silly for saying that we only just moved in together because we have technically been living with each other since May. However, I am still really excited that we live together as a couple now! It's been really cute coming home from work to a cooked dinner and then snuggling up in our armchairs like Carl and Ellie from UP. The little things like cooking together, watching our favourite TV programmes and lazy mornings together have made me smile. 

Three: Going to Yoga class! I've had two classes now at Mind, Body & Soul Yoga and I've really enjoyed them. At Uni I had loads of time to focus on my home practice (and instagram it!) but since teaching last year I let work take over and my pratice stopped. Going to a class is more expensive but it makes me give time to something I really love doing and I've learned a lot about the flow between asanas and the benefits for my body. The teachers are great and each class is personalised to the seasons and focused on different elements in your body. We also do a deep relaxation complete with lavender eye-pillow and a hot stone on our chakra for energy. I am loving the zen feeling!
 Images from Pinterest

Four: My job is going really well and I've enjoyed every minute. I've been on the education team just over a month now and I've learned a few workshops. I had my first observation this week so I could get signed off on my first workshop. I did feel rather anxious about it because I really wanted to impress. I thought school observations were bad, imagine having a two hour observation with a class you just met, yikes! I also wrote the lesson plan for the November newsletter which will be available soon - teacher friends, sign up! As well as learning workshops and teaching I also did another team a favour and worked Halloweden. It was an incredibly busy week but also a lot of fun! I'm guessing a lot of you saw my facepaint selfies on instagram!

Five: Autumn days. They are my favourite! I love days out with Ryan and I love walking to and from work and just taking in the beautiful landscape. I'm sure there are many more to come in November but for now, goodbye October!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)