26 October 2014

I am colon capital D

While on the phone to my Mum the other day she commented on how happy I sound lately. It's true that compared to last year I am far more relaxed and just enjoying what life brings. Life in Cornwall is fabulous and my new job is awesome! I have been at Eden a month now and I STILL can't believe I work there. Currently I am working with Eden Live on their Halloweden team where I have to run Halloween activities and generally act creepy. It is weird working half term when so many teacher friends are putting their feet up but I am having so much fun! Hopefully all of the families that visit have been enjoying it all as much as me.

The potion bar full of dried fairy wings and pumpkin ashes. You even get to finish off with a puff of Goblin fart.

The face painters and pumpkin butchers are so talented. I am enjoying having my face painted each day... Probably a little too much!


When I haven't been working I have been enjoying my Autumnal favourites. Ryan got a new allotment which needs a lot of work so he has been spending lots of time there planning what to do with it and getting started on some jobs. I go sometimes and take on a supervisory role, though I did dig a new bed and plant some garlic this week! We also spotted a toad and a frog hiding out in the grass which was cool. Last weekend we finally visited Castle Drogo where we played in the crunchy leaves, peered into the bug hotel and checked out their restoration project. It was interesting to see restoration work actually happening on a National Trust project and we got to go on the scaffolding..eek! 
Taking the role as allotment Queen and our new friend the frog!
Autumn fun at Castle Drogo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)