13 October 2014

A life update.

I live in Cornwall! YAY! The journey wasn't an easy one but we are finally snuggled in our own living room, cup of tea in hand and contemplating what to have for dinner. In true Jenny and Ryan fashion we are watching 'A Place in the Sun: Home or Away' and checking out other properties already!

I've already been in Cornwall for a week now as I started work at The Eden Project on Tuesday. There was a week long wait in a B&B on my own until my parents and Ryan, complete with a van full of our stuff, finally joined me here on Friday ready to move in on Saturday. In a way it was nice to have a week to focus on work before I had to stress about the big move - I learned so much!

I work in The Core which is a purpose built education centre both for the public and school trips. I spent the week trying to learn a few workshops and I team-taught a Chocology session on Friday.


The rainforest biome is where most of the fun happens! I've loved showing children how to survive like the Kombai tribe and where chocolate comes from. There are loads of cool plants to point out along the way but I've only learnt about a handful of the 4,000 different species at the moment. I won't be doing guided tours any time soon.


The Mediterranean biome is a little more temperate - it gets a little humid and sweaty in the rainforest! I haven't done any workshops in here yet but I've been sent off to complete plant trails and learn as much as I possibly can. My favourite parts are the citrus grove and the chilli plants!


After an exciting week I needed to rest and put my feet up but I had an equally exciting, whirlwind of a weekend! FINALLY it was our move in day after many frustrating weeks of the date being pushed back. We looked at loads of flats, bungalows and houses all over the place but finally settled on a winter let in a furnished holiday cottage. It was cute, simple and has friendly neighborhood cows on the farm. Once we saw the gorgeous views from the bedroom and realised it was a 15 minute walk to Eden we just couldn't refuse! For those readers that love a little nosy into home interiors, just like me, here are a few pictures...

Living Room:



Bedroom:


 It's early days still and we are currently battling with dodgy wi-fi and a lack of phone signal but I think we will be very happy here. I'm back at work tomorrow for week number two so fingers crossed for no rain on my walk there! I haven't been issued my Eden waterproof yet BUT I do have an official email address :P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)