23 November 2014

Lone Adventures

This week I am at home all on my own as Ryan has travelled back up to Yorkshire for 10 whole days! Really I should be okay with this because when I was at university I managed a long distance relationship and I spent a lot of weekends on my own too. Lots of my friends went home at the weekend or had to go to work or their boyfriends were visiting so I used to see the weekends as 'me time' where I could relax and do what I wanted. I think that's originally how my Sunday Blog was created! So, now I have this whole week ahead of me and I do live somewhere with plenty to do. However I am soooo rubbish at being bored, I like having things to do. Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day here in St Austell so I just couldn't stay inside!


Firstly I went to check out Cornish Market World as we have been driving past it and laughing at the cheesy name for over a month now. It was actually a really good indoor market with areas specific to crafts and antiques. I was impressed with the range of stuff you could buy from there but only walked away with a small bag of honey and cinnamon cashews for a treat. Next stop was The Lost Gardens of Heligan, which is another project by Tim Smit who created the Eden Project so I can go for free, yippee! I like this staff benefit the best because the gardens at Heligan are beautiful and there's so much to see and do there. We visited in the Summer so it was nice to see how it has changed with the season.


Usually on days out I like to take a few photos, some for my blog and maybe I will Instagram some of my favourites. I normally take it in turns with Ryan to do a silly pose and the self timer only comes out for pictures of both of us - we aren't the best selfie takers! As I was on my own and it was so quiet at Heligan, I had chance to play around with my self timer and get some photos of me. I quite like the challenge of precariously balancing my phone on a log or my bag to get the right angle. Thankfully I didn't drop it through the rope bridge to the jungle swamp below!


My Kindle even came along for the ride because I knew I'd find a quiet, secluded spot where I could sit and read. There was even a little robin that came and sat next to me for a while but he was camera shy and soon flew away when I tried to sneak a picture. I've been re-reading Harry Potter since the new material was released on Pottermore at Halloween. I am so excited for the new films to come out, I even signed Ryan up to Pottermore so I could find out what house he was in (my boyfriend is a Hufflepuff for those who want to know). I'm sure that I will have plenty more time to spend being geeky this week as I am left to my own devices. Today I am going to do some yoga at home and then pop into town to do some Christmas Shopping. See you next week if I'very not gone crazy from boredom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)