2 June 2013

Here’s to having an excellent adventure and may the stopping never start.

My life doesn't have a pause button. I went back to the merry Midlands this week for a well deserved relax (maybe to raid my parents food cupboards a little) but also to madly organise the next stage of my life. I thought the major hurdle would be getting a job but I've got to find somewhere to live, buy a car and sort out another one-hundred and one other adulty things.


After looking at loads of one/two bedroom places, I decided it would be best to live with friends. I can cut costs and I wouldn't get lonely! So now there are three of us looking for a fancy new place in Harrogate :) We went to see a house yesterday and we have a few more lined up for tomorrow! Harrogate is kinda like a mini York but people just park their Ferraris in the street. Job for this year.. find a rich husband ;)


It's all so exciting starting a fresh chapter, a new adventure! I've been comparing my situation to some of my favourite TV shows because I'm sad like that (I am totally Jessica Day the second you see). They all have that 20-somethings, house-matey, learning about life kinda vibe. These good stories all start with a new beginning in some way :) My dream neighbours would obviously be some of these guys...



I have been preparing for my 'just starting out' life by re-watching episodes from Friends series one. My job isn't really a joke but I am definitely broke and have a love life that's DOA! I even had a coffee at CENTRAL PERK the other day... it was in Chester and not New York but I can let that slide ;) I probably can't afford luxuries such as a caramel, soya latte next year but a girl can dream.



Another one of my dreams is to have an apartment just like Penny's from Big Bang Theory. I think I've mentioned it on the blog before but it is my IDEAL home, I love how all the bright colours work together and the prints are amazing. My new abode is going to be soooooo different to the student houses I've lived in because we can buy our own furniture, I am honestly finding the prospect of an Ikea trip FAR TOO EXCITING!



I've been on the hunt for furnishings and ornaments that could help me re-create Penny's style but with my own twist on it. I didn't realise until I'd uploaded the pictures that I seem to have gone for quite a few greens and corals. I'm also really excited for a very special addition to my housey things that should be in my possession quite soon :P Sam is currently making me a patchwork quilt!!! I have wanted one for ages but on Etsy and Folksy they cost an absolute bomb. Had I known Sam had this gem of a skill hidden up her sleeve I would have bugged her to make one years ago :D






It's all moving so quickly and I literally haven't stopped thinking about what next? but it's stupidly exciting to start so many new adventures! Three years ago I was worried about flying the nest and starting Uni one hundred and thirty eight miles away, but now look at me... ready for the big wide world outside my Uni bubble. I'm sure there will still be plenty of tears, laughs, problems, good luck, memories...


 & maybe some of this...



 

1 comment:

  1. Aww I am excited to visit you in your new house :) Also patchwork blanket is well underway! I don't want to post it though so you will have to come see me! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for getting in touch :)