30 June 2013

'Finding your Feet' is filled with faff.

It is three days until move in day!!! Wednesday July 3rd is when I wave goodbye to my student days in York and say hello to my new grown up life in Harrogate. Here is another sneaky peak of our beautiful apartment...

In preparation for the big move, I've been back in Wolverhampton this week with the parentals. They have been helping me out loads with all the really important things I need to get sorted. I am now insured on Mum's (it will be mine once I've paid them back!) Yaris, which I had to drive all the way to York on Friday. It will be perfect for trundling along the country roads to my middle of nowhere job! Good old Fred :)



Now, furnishing the flat hasn't been as easy as comparing the market for car insurance. When you want two bedroom sets, a dining room set, a sofa, an armchair and everything else between you, it's not simple. After money transfers and voucher buying, Argos had stopped delivering our bedroom set in Harrogate due to their catalogue changeover! Luckily Homebase take the same vouchers and sold the beautiful white bedroom set below :) I actually prefer it, despite it working out to be more expensive. So in the end, successful bedroom furniture purchases were made. THEN Tesco decided that our sofa was no longer in stock, a week after we ordered it. Um...WHAT!?! Thankfully we have this cosy looking sofa on it's way from Very.co.uk :) 


It is starting to all come together nicely! But even through the stressful times, it has not quelled our spirit! There is still plenty of housemate banter going on :) especially towards Tom's love of leathery Grandad chairs and his obsession with tools and drills.

Now, you all know I love Penny's apartment from Big Bang theory, well you should, I blabber on about it enough on here. I am so grateful that The Lovely Side (previously Lovely Undergrad) has written a fantastic blog that explains how to get a similar look to Penny's. The bright, bold colours in her apartment are what my interior decor dreams are made of!

I bought some similar blue bedding from the ColourMatch collection in Argos; absolute steal! Then Sam has made me a beautiful quilted blanket that she sent me a sneak peak of so I could match everything up. It will look awesome draped accross the foot of my bed! I'm now on the hunt for some colour pop furniture and decor that will brighten up my neutral furniture. I found an absolute beauty of a chair on Ebay; it's an upcycled vintage chair that's been painted a cute purple berry colour. Even better, it's for collection in Harrogate!! 


I am adding things to my wishlist every day but I've got to get all the sensible things first. Where am I going to put my cute nick-nacks if I haven't got a shelf to put them on? Here are a few bits from my Paperchase basket, so cool!



I have a long week of climbing up and down stairs, putting furniture together, listening to Tom talk about drills and of course drinking lots of wine!! I'm not sure whether I will be able to blog next weekend because I'm going to be so busy but watch this space guys :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)