23 June 2013

P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.

Or maybe I just went to Chester :) but hey I'm imaginative! It was Nikki's 19th birthday on Friday and she decided to visit the Blue Planet Aquarium in Chester to celebrate. I love the Sea Life Centre in Birmingham so it was all very exciting!


There were loads of cool fish there, well obviously :P Some I was familiar with from my many trips round the Sea Life Centre such as the Lion fish and the recognisable Finding Nemo characters. Others, like the funky orange guy below, were really interesting to watch.



 There was a massive tank of PIRANHAS! You could get really close so me and Nikki spent ages looking for their teeth. I didn't realise that they actually have shiny gold specks all over their bodies. They were really creepy because they just stayed really still in the water rather than flitting around like the other fish.



Obviously we took the opportunity to quote Finding Nemo. Quite a few times...


As well as fish, there were lots more creepy creatures to feast your eyes on. I loved seeing the lizards, tarantulas, cockroaches, bugs and crocodiles. It was cool to show my family some of the creatures I actually got to hold when I was on placement. Thanks to our mini-beast topic I knew all about the Giant African Land Snail and wacked out a few cockroach facts.




Some of the animals were soooo friendly and funny. I actually got water splashed on me a few times while picture taking :) definitely made a friend there! I don't think they could see me really but I like to think they were peering through the glass wanting to be my buddy :)






The underwater tunnel was without a doubt, WAY better than the one in Birmingham! Even though I have spent a fair few hours watching Birmingham's giant turtle with awe, it was amazing to see the sharks and the rays in Chester. The tunnel was at least five times as long and there was a conveyor belt type floor so you could move along with the animals swimming past. There was also lots of chance for photos because it didn't get too cramped!


HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY NIKKI!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)