3 March 2013

I've got love in my tummy

...by love I mean really yummy food and not a baby. Just to make that really clear :) I am such a rubbish student because if I have to choose between food and alcohol, food would win every time. I know people that go out three times a week but they live on freezer food or the student specialty beans on toast. If I had to live on typical student food I reckon I would have had a mini-breakdown and moved back home months ago! Most people know that I love healthy food and I'm not a fast food type of girl; it's been about a year since I've even set foot inside a McDonald's.


I do love all sorts of healthy foods and I'll try anything once, but I am such an awkward dinner date. I don't really eat much meat so I always like there to be a vegetarian option... then they always have some form of cheese or cream in and I have to take my minimal dairy allowance into consideration. Such a bummer! I'm going to Yarm next weekend to visit Sam and she was pestering me to choose somewhere to go out to eat because she doesn't understand my taste in food. So this week's blog is a bit of a 'what's in my trolley?' type thing :)


I always start by filling in my weekly meal planner (because it stops me making so many impulse buys). You can buy similar ones to mine from paperchase. So this is quite a standard shop for me apart from the mushroom tortellini that I thought I'd try :) I had a yummy mushroom pasta at Jamie's Italian during half term so I'm trying to recreate it on the cheap.

Smoothies - I would usually get innocent smoothies but they aren't on offer this week :( I feel like a traitor, especially as they are my buddy on twitter!

Soya yogurts - dairy free doesn't mean you have to give up what you like, I wish they did more flavours though :'( 

Fruit & veg - bananas and avocados are my absolute faves, always a shopping staple!! Avocado is so good for you and it's easy to chuck into any meal :) I'm having mine on the ryvita for my lunches this week

Rice - I love to add rice or couscous to my main dishes, and there's usually some left over for lunch the following day. I usually have an uncle bens on a Thursday or Friday because I stay at school late on Wednesday and Thursday so I don't really have chance to prepare lunch

Salad box - have you ever been to Morrissons salad bar? AMAZING! I always treat myself on shopping day, I am so gross though because I get a bit of everything. I love the couscous and minted bean salad.


I might not be a burger and chips kinda gal but I do have a super sweet tooth. My weekly shop aaaaaalways has a few treats; especially when I am on placement and need the extra sugar fix :P I knoooow I'm not supposed to have dairy but I make bargains with myself... No cheese with dinner and you can buy a kitkat... I do buy dark chocolate versions of things though so it's not too bad ;)

The wine is a necessity for the weekend!! Every Saturday I enjoy a glass or two (whole bottle... Cough). I am enjoying my Shiraz right now as I write... On an iPad!!! My placement school lent it to to test out the apps... The Internet is an app though right???

I'm also listening to Shania Twain, but let's not judge what I do on a Saturday night after a long day of planning and job applications :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)