10 March 2013

Yarm-ing

Haha get it? Yarm... farming... Yarming? Never mind :P 

This weekend I took a day off being in crazy busy/organised teacher mode so I could go and visit Sam in Yarm. She has been blabbering on about it since I met her in first year and all I've ever done is mimic how she says it in her Northern accent. What a bad friend ey!? So two years later I finally got round to visiting :) For tea we went to an Italian restaurant called Da Vinci's and I had the spaghetti pollo verdi. It was gorgeous and with the addition of wine, it only came to £15 ish, bargain! We then went for cocktails before ending up in the infamous Keys. I had heard many a story about this place and I wasn't sure what to expect... I still don't think I really know what to think of it now I've been there. It was still a fab night and it was great to just relax with the girls and switch off from placement!



After nursing our poor heads with cups of tea and toasted french stick, Sam took me to her boyfriend Richard's farm. I like being outdoors and learning about stuff so it was fun being a farmer for an hour.. not that I did any farming, I just cuddled the animals and said awh a lot :P There were plenty of little lambs and piglets for me to ogle at, as well as two new alpacas! 




 Sam wanted to me have a go at driving the tractor but I decided to keep that for when I visit again. Which I DEFINITELY will over the Summer :D After all the fun and games I now have a to do list as long as my arm ! My Sunday will probably not be as relaxed as I'd hope it to be but my Yarm adventure was worth it. I'm now going to finish off my Yarmy goodness with a picture of some beautiful alpacas... see if you can spot whats wrong hahahaha


In other News

We only have 14 days left of placement. Two weeks and four days. Wowzas!

Last Sunday after the posting of my blog, I got chatted up by a 40 year old bloke in Starbucks. He gave me his business card. Romantic...

Our class caterpillar Cedric is now all cocooned up ready for his changes.


I have a lesson observation/interview for a teaching job on Tuesday!! It is actually at my placement school from last year which was lovely so please keep your fingers crossed for me guys :)

The Diet Coke man is back. Just sayin'

Talking of adverts... you MUST watch this if you haven't already. Fleetwood Mac plus a dancing pony. I pretty much guffaw every time he does that stupid little smile... pahahahahaha


Cheerio blog dwellers
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)