28 October 2012

Lessons from the city of love


J'adore Paris! Wooooah it feels like I was there for way longer than two days! Rather than blabber on about every single thing that I did, I thought I'd tell you five things that I learnt :) It waaaaas meant to be an educational visit after all :P Other than the fact you must be a MENTAL person if you want to take a class of thirty children to Paris, here is what I learnt...

Un

Contrary to what I was taught at school, to order stuff you want you can actually say 'puis-je avoir'  instead of 'je voudrais' :) I am a français novice but I think being in Paris and trying to talk French to one another has been beneficial to me; all the MFL guys were so helpful!! I feel like all my basics are rushing back.

Deux
It is perfectly acceptable to have an all butter croissant with nutella for breakfast. Followed by a HUMONGOUS baguette for lunch and numerous fresh nutella crepes. Having a 'food baby' would be a total understatement, I'm surprised I'm not a stone heavier than when I left. The meals at our hostel were a bit rubbish but Paris has plenty of yummy looking and great smelling food on offer.

Trois:

The Paris metro is a crrraaaazay place! I don't think I have done as much running and diving through doors in my entire life. Anyone who has ever done the London underground will appreciate how mental it can get. BUT it is possibly worse! There are guys who sing and play instruments then run from carriage to carriage, people steal stuff if you aren't careful and there is a great possibility you will get stuck between barriers. I had the unfortunate experience of having to squeeze past a barrier because I was stuck between two of them... I honestly felt like my nipple had been ripped off/I'd been shot in the boob. Despite the crazy, I still loved every second on that damn metro.

Quatre:
If you burst into a very loud rendition of the French 'Head shoulders knees and toes' on the metro.. people will film you. For anybody that is interested in learning this beautiful song, here are the words :) there are numerous youtube videos available too for you eager beavers.

Tête, épaules, genoux, pieds - genoux, pieds.

Tête, épaules, genoux, pieds - genoux, pieds.

Les yeux, les oreilles, l
a bouche et le nez, 

Tête, épaules, genoux, pieds, 

Genoux, pieds.



Also, f you sing Frère Jacques on the metro.. people will join in.

Cinq:


Finally... life will never be complete until you have a picture with the Eiffel tower, Arc de Triomphe, musée du Louvre, Notre Dame...

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)