21 October 2012

So this week...

This week has been super busy so rather than write an essay, when i should really be using these words for actual Uni work, I will give you a wee overview...

I went on an after work Starbucks date with Emma because she felt so inspired by my Autumny blog last week. We had a little cosy catch up and I finally got to try the Pumpkin Spice Latte.. YUM! We may have repeated this yesterday afternoon too.. oops :P


I have been lusting over Leah Flores' prints for adventure enthusiasts on Fab UK and these gorgeous silver stacker rings on Etsy. I love checking out all these websites as well as Folksy and Pinterest for some interesting and quirky finds. Me and Sam even bought Deathly Hallows necklaces off Ebay this week... geeky but cool ;)

I checked out the Cosmopolitan quirky tattoo gallery because I am adamant that I will eventually get inked. I'm not brave enough for an entire back or foot masterpiece but how awesome are these?!


York had a load of Student Lock-ins on Tuesday so obviously I had to go along for the live music, free alcohol and goody bags even though I wasn't going to buy anything. I did walk away with a new Superdry hoody though :) who can complain at 20% off? It is so soft and warm that I just want to wear it with everything.


I took my QTS tests (teacher tests for you non-primary edders) and passed!!I was genuinely really quite worried about them so I feel like I've jumped a massive hurdle on my road to becoming a fully-fledged teacher :) Feeling like a kind of mathematical genius now but if I hear the words "...what percentage of pupils got a level 4 or above..." in a question one more time, there is a possibility of a mental breakdown.
(For primary edders who haven't booked yet, it's hard to find the link so here you go)

We had our first Primary Education Society social! Free champers on the night and a card that entitles me to free entry to Club Salvation all year? YES PLEASE!



I completed my first month as an Oxfam volunteer! Those 4 shifts flew by! I like my little Sunday contribution because it's not too busy and I feel like I'm doing something worthwhile with my time rather than sitting around watching jeremy kyle re-runs and eating.

My hair has been on my mind a lot. It is FINALLY starting to look a bit longer; I even sported a pony tail for the first time in years on Friday. I'm getting to that point where I am really fed up with it though. It's a never ending journey trying to get long hair :( I have been thinking about getting a splash of blonde or colour but obviously have to keep the job interview possibilities at the back of my mind... wacky hair doesn't usually equal employability!


For my Friday night date I went to Prezzo in York, they have a deal on at the moment where you can buy one meal and get the second for £2! I liked them even more because they text you a code rather than you having to print off a voucher (my ink is always low or non-existent). Time saving and eco friendly! I think I have now established myself as the crazy, hippy, voucher Queen... not too sure why he is still dating me.

I organised my life.. WAHOOOOO! Feel like I'm actually on top of the million things I need to be doing. I am sorted (kind of) for the Durham NQT pools, I passed my QTS, I have millions of helpful websites stored away and for the first ever time I got books out of the library early.


It really is all go go go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)