7 October 2012

Just say yes


I definitely need to pin this quote on a noticeboard or something! It's already my new Twitter bio because I love it so much. It starts off pretty grim but it makes you think of the infinite opportunities that you have and I'm not going to argue with that awesome thought. After what seems like days, maybe weeks of life reflection and inner debate, I think I have come to some sort of idea of what I'd like to do with my life. Third year of Uni had hit me so quickly and unexpectedly hard... smack bang and wallop in the face. I've been so focused on the present and getting my degree done that I hadn't really given my post-uni life much thought. I like to think that if you follow your heart and do what you love, that it will all fall into place.

I guess I always presumed I'd go back home, live with my folks and get myself a nice little job until I could afford to move out but two years down the line.. I don't think that is my best option! I don't know where I'm going to end up but I'm happy with where I am right now :) schools in Yorkshire and up North recognise my University so I have a much better chance of getting interviews.. and actually travelling to the interviews! Who knows, in five years time I could be living by the sea somewhere, planning lessons whilst sat in a hammock. Well, that's the dream! :P


I still have loads of stuff I feel like I need to try and do before I settle down. It scares me to think that I might never see the world and I could be stuck in the same school, doing the same stuff until I retire. I'm not even sure if traditional is even my thing right now... I'm still young and there's still so much to try out!

Now I'm a super serious Oxfam volunteer on a Sunday, I have realised this could open up some doors for me :) Apparently if you do three months volunteer work for them, they will pay for you to take part in Oxfam campaigns abroad. I'm keeping everything crossed that I get the chance to go and work on a school building project or teach under-privileged children. Before or after NQT year?? Who knows :) but if the opportunity arises I'll be sure to say yes! I'm just going to work hard, enjoy life and leave the rest up to God :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)