14 October 2012

Feeling Autumnal

I love all the different seasons for their own reasons, but if I had to choose a favourite, Autumn would win every time hands down. I have even given my blog layout a mini overhaul to get in the spirit!

Enough chitchat, here are my reasons for thinking Autumn is awesome :)

Cosy jumpers
It's always sad to pack away all the summer clothes, especially if  you only got to wear them once or twice (thanks British weather) and say goodbye to your legs for a good couple of months BUT it's now jumper season! I love chunky, oversized and downright cosy jumpers and leggings so this excites me a lot :D I will also be using mine to cover up my mince pie belly when we get deeper into the Winter months ;)


Check out the new addition to my knits collection.. only £4 from a Charity Shop! If you are in York you can pop down to Oxfam and see me modelling it on my shift today :)


Bonfire night
When I lived in Wolverhampton as a teen it was pretty much a tradition to get down to West Park with my mates or a boyfriend to celebrate bonfire night. The tickets were cheap and the bonfire and fireworks display were ace! The local radio station would usually be there playing music and doing competitions and stuff as well as a load of other stands and rides. In York there is something similar but it is waaaaaay too expensive! Bonfire night will always have a place in my heart though; wrapping up warm, having a cold nose, snuggling up with those you love, feeling the warmth of the fire and watching the displays with awe.


Starbucks trips & lots of hot drinks
It most certainly doesn't have to be Autumn for me to get a hankerin' for a cup of tea but the cold weather makes me feel a whole lot better about it. After a long day shopping on an Autumn day, you know it's pretty much mandatory to go and kick back in Starbucks for a bit; especially with the new seasonal drinks.. pumpkin spice latte anyone?


Nights in & Cuddles
I love a good night out, getting all dressed up and staying out till the early hours.. even getting addicted to gangnam style! But it's no secret that my nights in are loved just as much. Nothing beats a good snuggle and a movie or a meal and a natter :) Sometimes it's nice to tie your hair up, stick on the comfies and enjoy some good company. The Autumn months are perfect for this as it's when I start to feel like I want to hibernate!


Going on walks & Leaf Crunching
Big kid alert! There is just something about a big crunchy leaf that hasn't been stepped on that gives me a massive urge to lunge and stomp. Big piles of leaves are pretty much Autumn heaven.


Holding hands
Pink noses and cold hands are THE best flirting devices ever! Eskimo kisses and hand holding opportunities are plentiful in the colder months :) Hand holding in Summer is such a chore having to swap hands all the time to avoid the dreaded sweaty palm but in Autumn is so much better.. you know you want to warm your fingers with someone else's toasty mitts ;)


Scarves
The BEST accessory ever. Adding a scarf can update and improve almost any daytime outfit, I am yet to be disproved. I have a small collection of spring/summer scarves but it's not the same as the big, chunky knit babies you get to don in Autumn and Winter. You know your scarf will always be faithful and provide you with instant warmth :) and they aren't detrimental to your everyday activities.. here's looking at you gloves!


and it's nearly time for this song :) !!!
It just makes me feel so jolly.


xox

*All images on this post were found through searches on weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)