30 September 2012

An adult learning process related rant.

I have been back at Uni for a grand total of 14 days and I have realised that becoming an adult is hard. I know I probably should already know this seeing as 18 is meant to be an adult age but I like to think I have an excuse till the big 21. I am in my LAST year of Uni and I swear I still can't run my own household!

Washing up is literally THE bane of my life. Who's stupid idea was it to have a house with a dishwasher last year and a house without one this year!? I now constantly have a massive pile of washing that I am reluctant to do because I don't want wrinkly fingers and lets face it, I'm lazy :P The people who look blissfully happy doing the washing up on the Fairy liquid adverts are just liars.


Also, bathrooms get dirty real quick. Jade was the master of bathroom cleaning in the old house and now I have fully come to appreciate this. She used to make the toilet water blue as if by magic. I used a face wipe to clean my sink out the other day... skills.

The washing machine is already broken too. I'm not sure what I did to it but I have some really soggy towels still chilling out in there. What kind of house doesn't have a tumble dryer as well? Nearly ran out of underwear the other day and I have used a hairdryer on a top so I can wear it. Student problems!!


After months of having nowhere of particular importance to be I have forgotten vital timing skills. Because I am so worried about being late for stuff I have definitely been overstepping the 'early' mark by a few giant leaps. You'd think that after two weeks I'd know how long it takes to walk to Uni... naaaaaaaaah.


Back in June I thought I was becoming some sort of epic cook with my beetroot brownies and my recipe books. Sadly I have reverted back to being less than useless, though this could be because I'm living on a partial diet of hangover food. I have been a master of eating out this week, check it out.. not cooked a single evening meal!


Monday - I had a catch up with Emma and Tom in Slug and Lettuce while we tucked into these giant platters! Felt like a total guy tucking into my bbq ribs.
Tuesday - Made the most of Dominoes 2 for 1 offers for a cosy date night in
Wednesday - Surprisingly didn't eat out but Sam cooked for me. That's even worse isn't it??
Thursday - Chinese take-away eaten in the SU in preparation for comedy night. Proper student style.
Friday - Rounded off the week on a fancy date night in Bella Italia :) yum!!


How ultimately lazy am I!?

& to top it all off.. pretty sure this year on the Primary Ed Course is out to depress me haha obviously I am upbeat as always ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)