3 February 2012

the bear necessities.

Hola my dear blog readers! Apologies for the lack of posts recently, I have been super super busy with placement; think 5:45am starts and 9:30pm bedtimes! But I wouldn't have it any other way of course :) Us primary ed students are tough cookies despite the never ending list of assignments and placement we stay as optimistic and positive as ever. Seen as I have an evening free I thought I'd have a girly pamper session, make a lovely cup of tea devote a Blog post to my many strategies of dealing with the copious amounts of work and still having plenty of energy and a smile at the end of the day :)



Mid week subway; formerly known as subway Friday
The girlies that I'm on placement with and I decided that to keep us going through the five week block we would have one lunchtime a week devoted to enjoying a freshly made, delicious sarnie from subway. Originally this was to coincide with the Friday feeling but that meant we would have to wait all week for our happy buzz. Sooooo for Lauren's birthday we moved our Subway feast to Wednesday and it was decided that a mid week treat was much better and we still had the weekend to look forward to!

Watch Matilda
Teacher in training... definitely want a bit of Miss Honey in my life to get me inspired! When I get down, I hum this to myself.. instant mood fixer


Surprise visits from the boyfriend & the home made valentines agreement
After a hard first week of placement and the freezing cold walk home from the bus, all I wanted to do was face plant my pillow and sleep for the entire weekend. I walk round the corner and James was waiting outside my house, huge grin and flowers in hand. What do I do? I cry. Yeeeeeep I have a nice little sob until I realise we are still stood in the freezing cold and I hadn't bothered to open the door. I'm so glad I didn't have to spend my weekend alone, that he can put up with craziness and he is such a sweetie travelling all that way to come and cheer me up <3

Last Valentines day we cooked each other dinner but this year we are going for a 'home made' theme. I'm thinking of baking some delicious valentines cookies or cupcakes and making the most glittery card you would have ever saw :D if anyone has some good recipes or any other home made gift ideas please let me know!


I am definitely addicted to these scrummy things right here!



Glorious skinny soup - SO YUMMY! They are packed full of interesting flavours and keep me full all afternoon. SO far I've tried the Goan Vegetable and the Aztec flavours.. watch this space for my thoughts on the others.


Innocent smooth orange juice - Simple and sweet, I got some while it was reduced to 99p in Morrisons but I will probably still buy it full price as it is so refreshing and absolutely NO pulp. WINNER!



Read a good book
This isn't teacher talk, this is me genuinely loving to read. Ever since I got my kindle for my birthday reading has been so accessible to me, I can just wack it out whenever I fancy getting lost is in a story for a few hours. I've been reading Sanctus by Simon Toyne and I must admit I am well and truely lost! I'm half way through and I have no clue what is going on at all, it is so intriguing I just have to keep reading. This is a must read for any Dan Brown fan as it is full of religious mystery, puzzles and adventure.

Now this is how you promote reading books when your on primary ed....




Sing and laugh at stupid adverts
I love adverts and I don't even care :P The cheesy music and the random ideas can result in two minutes of magic that just brightens up your day, not just your programme viewing. Here are my favourites at the moment...

James Villa Holidays - Um what's not to love about this song? Without a doubt I will tap tap tap my toes to this one.



Sainsburys - I just love love love this one! It's so simple and natural and I love singing along to it with Leah.. even if I do get my birds and my bees mixed up ;)



The happy egg company - I just saw this one today but who doesn't like happy chickens eh?



Inspirational stuff
I am a total sucker for this one; every single cool quote I find I have to save, just in-case I may want to read it again some day. I even copied down something that was written on the fridge during a New Girl episode (dfnnfjwenfewi best programme eeeeeveeeer)

'Teachers send children home with more to talk about that homework.'

Pretty neat huh? Here is some other random rubbish that I've pinched from various blogs that I read that you might find inspirational toooooooo....







Stay tuned for more of my pondering of life :)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)