19 February 2012

make way for the positive day


Hola Amigos! How adorable is this to look at on a Sunday morning?!?


It is Sunday and it's sunny here in York so I'm having a lovely chilled morning in my room, sun streaming through the window and a bit of Bob Marley playing :) All of my housemates are still in the land of nod (I suppose this is what normal people so on a Sunday at 10am) soooo I thought I'd write another blog; two in a week? By golly I do have too much spare time lately.

I'd like to start by professing my forgotten love for Body Shop products. Since being at Uni I've only bought their mango and papaya body butter and that has only been on rare occasions. I liked Body Shop on Facebook a while back and they always update their fans on the charity work they do around the world and this got me thinking about all of their lovely products I used to buy and all their values that I support. 


After a quick peruse online I decided to pop in to buy their seaweed skincare range and the new 'Get Lippy' sticks. I know sea weed sounds kinda gross but so far it is one of the most lovely things I have put on my skin! I am one of those people with the most annoying and picky skin ever; it just can't decide whether it wants to be oily or dry so when I read about this range on their website I was definitely up for a try..


"The Seaweed range rebalances oily and combination skin. This kit of miniature products contains a complete regime. It hydrates, reduces excess oil and refines pores."

Body Shop offer a small set for £10 that contains mini bottles of the range so you can try them all for a smaller price. The full size bottles range from £7 - £10 so it would be a bit risky buying them all and then them not working as you wanted!



Seaweed Facial Wash 60ml
Seaweed Clarifying Toner 60ml
Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream 15ml
Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment 15ml


I will be using this regime for the next few weeks and I'll let you know how I get along with it! It is looking hopeful though as after just one day my skin feels lovely and soft and looks a little clearer than usual :)


I also treated myself to two new lip balms as well as Body Shop have now done their 'Get Lippy' balms in a stick which is much better as you don't have to deal with the sticky finger situation post application! I got the Pomegranate and the Toffee flavours and they are gorgeous!



 Another shop I'm pretty happy with at the moment is Superdrug. I never thought I'd say this as I was pretty much a Boots addict during my 6th form years but Superdrug is way more student friendly! They offer 10% everything for NUS card holders AND they do points now with their beauty cards, seriously get yourselves one of these!


As well as getting 10% off my toothpaste, I got it for free as I paid with my points :) can't complain about getting anything for free! Superdrug are also selling the gorgeous Original Source shower gels for just 99p! I was so tempted by the Winter Almond & Cherry and the Honey & Shea butter ones.


Finally, those of you who have been reading my blog since the very first post (thanks a million you guys!) might remember when I mentioned the 'Change the world for a fiver' book? Well Action 26 is to give blood. I went for my first donation back in October and now I'm going back for more! Those of you who live in York can join me and my housemate Leah on 7th March and do something selfless and amazing. I learnt since my first donation that my blood type is O+ which is a universal blood type which can be used to save most the people in the population, how amazing is that?!? There is a bigger need for those rarer blood types though so everyone who can donate should pop along when you are free :) I can't explain the good feeling that comes afterwards; even if you do nearly pass out like I did!

Give Blood
"Imagine all the people living in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope somebody you'll join us and the world will live as one."
- John Lennon 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)