9 December 2012

Westward leading, still proceeding.


The best of all the months! it is the season to be merry after all, didn't you know? I'm getting all excited now that assignment time is so nearly over, I can almost feel the tinsel and smell the stuffing. The title of this blog is very fitting, not only because I dressed up as a king on Monday, but because I will be heading back home, west (and down a bit) for Christmas :D only my second time home since the summer! 

December is super special for me as I am a December baby, I am hitting the big two one this year, scaaaary. Getting so old; dear God, we don't need to add any more numbers, I promise I'll keep it just between me and you. I'll be heading home bright and early on the 14th so I am home for my birthday on the 15th :) my mum has been working hard at getting a nice little family party sorted with fireworks, mulled wine, champagne and lots more of my favourite things. 


Of course I am a little bit more partial to a little December loving, but who doesn't love Christmas!? The decorations and lights are up, York has turned into crazy town and snow is in the air. How cute are the decorations in our SU conservatory? :) so what else is it about December that makes me grin like a loony..


When I am finally a teacher the nativity season will be in full flow. So what is the harm on getting in on the fun even though I don't have my third year class yet? I give unto you, a king from orient and his gold haha, I even managed to have a snuggle of Jesus later on :) at least this year didn't involve carrying a crying three year old dressed as a donkey.



I love Christmas songs, but sometimes they can get on your nerves when every single shop is blasting out the same ones.. yes I already know santa claus is coming to town! I have been on the search for some more unconventional Christmas tunes on spotify :) here is what I have found, hope you enjoy!



Last year I used a game that the Body Shop had on their facebook to transform my profile picture into something rather beautiful. It looked a little like this...


This year they don't have it anymore but I still wanted a festive facebook photo! I had to go on a hunt for something similar... I found the  Fotor christmas overlay and the Nandos Christmas app for android, that do just the trick! This is just ultimate procrastination really but ah well :D


SANTAAAAAAAA... I know him!

Yes it's time for you to watch all your favourite Christmas movies unashamedly. I have already made my way through Love Actually, The Holiday and the best of all of them, Elf! There is just something about Will Ferrell  running around in an elf suit, eating maple syrup that just screams YAY CHRISTMAS!!!!!


It is time for Mince Pies and Mulled Wine, two of my favourite things of all time. Confession time... I had my first mince pie in October. In my defence, Sam convinced me to buy some at York food market when we passed our QTS tests; I couldn't say no now could I? Since then Ive had boxes of the things from Asda, Morrisons and Greggs. What about the mulled wine? Well, that just feels like love in my tummy.



I just LOVE Christmas jumpers, guys look so cute and dorky in them, it makes my heart melt :) especially Seth Cohen! OC lovers will be fondly reminiscing about Christmukkah right now hahahaha. Adam Brody actually shares my birthday too :) (yep I am a total celeb stalker) apparantly December 15th is where it's at. 

ADVENT! I am sorry Mum, but I don't wait until after breakfast to eat my chocolate now.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)