2 December 2012

A little self reflection..

about why I am probably still single

This is not going to be a big emotional rant, do not worry my friends! As if I would ever do that anyway ;) Instead I have come up with a selection of some of my many quirks that are potentially a turn off to most of the large variety of males available on the planet. However I do have a theory that, because I'm not a dog or a cat person, God has to have a human for me somewhere.

Harry Potter obsession
I should wear my deathly hallows necklace at all times as a warning to potential mates. Obviously.

I am super duper busy
I have two weeks left of Uni and assignments before Christmas so it's set to be a hectic time. Add to that my volunteering jobs at Oxfam and YMT, throw in a bit of personal statement writing and job applications, spice it up with some washing up and cleaning for house viewings, pour in a few pints of Christmas/Birthday organisation and present buying,  maybe a dash of a social life... et voila... so I have time for dating, um, never?! Get me some wine, pronto.

I am a teacher
So I have chosen to spend the rest of my working life with children, acting like a total weirdo and bringing home an array of odd objects whilst probably being covered in glue and glitter. I currently have a moveable clock face, a waterproof world map and a Gruffalo puppet floating around my bedroom. Honestly the Jess Day comparison just gets stronger and stronger...

"I have to get to school cause it's astronomy day and I'm dressing up as Galileo, so I have to put on my beard."


Sometimes I like to sing and dance to Wuthering Heights
I loved studying Wuthering Heights for my English Lit A level but Kate Bush definitely got me through the exam period :) She has been popping up now and again on my spotify playlist just to cheer me up at assignment time.

The way I eat jaffa cakes
It's a well know fact that the orange jelly is the BEST part of a jaffa cake. So you should nibble around the edge and eat the sponge first because that's the worst bit. Then you can peel off the chocolate and be left with the beautiful jelly goodness. However I think it's kinda weird that I now give my spongy bit to Tom after the nibbly bit because that part is his favourite.

My Borat accent
and it's not even just a Borat accent, it's loads of different accents that just pop out without warning. It's so bad that even a friend of mine was worried about meeting her (now ex) boyfriend's parents after hearing an accent of mine!!

My brain consists of approximately 50% film and TV quotes
 Unfortunately I have one of those brains that just stores really useless quotes and they always come out at inappropriate times. Great if someone has watched the film. Awkward if they haven't.

I like to watch the adverts
I'm sorry but some adverts are just pure genius. Sainsburys have a knack of making you want to belt out their song, John Lewis make you get emotional and e-on make you thing life is grand; all in the space of five minutes! Once you get past all the PPI and loans rubbish you find some gems like this....

I am pretty geeky in general
Sorry guys but this is a girl who likes to read, listens to rubbish music, gets excited over food deliveries, understands the jokes on 'Big Bang Theory' and has many more nerdy interests.


I am insanely optimistic and upbeat, especially in the morning time
This really should NOT be a reason, but some people just don't dig the constantly perky. I on constantly switched on and usually excited about one thing or another which I guess isn't something that pessimists or miserable people generally like to be around :P 

I like karma, Star-signs & all that hippy-dippy rubbish
Usually I am quite black and white, especially when it comes to giving advice to others. But there is a whole other side to me that's always wondering if there is some greater being... I just can't seem to close off the options :) I carry around a pocket-sized Buddha and lucky gems when I want to have a good day. I get quite excited when I am star-sign compatible with a guy (not that I ever tell them that pahaha) any Leos, Aries' or Sagittarians wondering around???
I reeeeeeeally like tea
Just this week Tom called me a Grandma because of this but I believe you can be young and still enjoy the taste of fancy tea! Earl Grey, Ceylon, Darjeeling, English Breakfast... get in my belly! Whittards are selling this AMAZING mulled wine instant tea at the moment but it's super expensive. Lucky for me I have a fellow tea addict friend who has bought some and offers me the occasional cup ;)


I have an irrational fear of wet wooden spoons and velvet
They just make me cringe so bad! On the plus side I am pretty good with spiders :) I am the resident spider catcher in my house. It's never quite like this though...


So yeah. I'm a pretty awkward human being! But fingers crossed I find someone who can deal with me, preferably before I'm 80 hahahaha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)