16 December 2012

Twenty One.

So I am finally at the the top of the hill, well not really but it feels like it! At least when I turned 18 I could pretend I had three more years until I had to become a proper adult and be all sensible, but now I guess I will have to... naaaaaaat! 

Uni (nearly) Birthday

My uni friends were totally amazing for my birthday, going above and beyond! I am definitely not as nice and thoughtful as they are, so I will have to get my act together for their future 21st birthdays! And... ahem.. a few 23rds ;) I was surprised with a lovely Viking Pandora charm, to remind me of York, from Emma, Tom and Sofia.. you guys are so sneaky :P and Sam made me a giant mince pie birthday cake which was awesome and tasted so yummy!


The best buds came with me to Leeds for a little bit of shopping before falling into Slug & Lettuce for lunch, cocktails and free champagne. When I found out the German Market was on, I knew we had to go and check it out because I love the one in Birmingham. There were loads of cute stalls and I wish I had the money to buy everything! Instead I settled for a chocolate marshmallow for 80p while some of the others dug into fried cheese, bleaaargh! Emma got a bit excited when we found an American sweet shop that sold Jolly Ranchers; she has been on the hunt for them since she tried them in Boston :) Lets just say we all had bright red or blue tongues for the rest of Uni. 




Home Birthday


I have such a top mum for managing to organise such a lovely 21st birthday for me so close to Christmas! She got everything I asked for; family, posh birthday cake, champagne, plenty of food and then mulled wine to drink while we watched fireworks and played with sparklers.

I woke up to a cup of tea in bed while I opened my cards and presents from Mum, Dad and Nikki. I was literally wetting myself with laughter at the '21 years of Jenny' scrapbook that Nikki had made me; full of pictures of me doing daft stuff! She also got me a cosy fur lined Jack Wills hoody and a Buddha charm to add to my Pandora. My parents got my favourite perfume and a cheque that frankly made me feel a little sick haha!!


Usually for birthdays I only spend it with my Mum's side of the family just because we always have, but for my 21st I wanted everybody there. It was really nice to celebrate with both sides of the family at home, even if I am the worst social butterfly in the world; my sofas are so comfy, you just never want to leave them haha. I was absolutely spoiled rotten by everybody that came, I was really overwhelmed by all the cards and presents.. who knew 21 was such a big deal eh?!




I had some really thoughtful gifts but I couldn't take pictures of them all or you'd be reading all day long! Below there's some personalised champagne from my Auntie Jo and Uncle Allan; they are the family champagne experts so it's all pretty exciting. I had a Pandora Jewellery box from my Great Aunty Rose and when I finally managed to open it, inside was this beautiful Pandora Necklace and charm.. flabbergasted doesn't quite cover it. My Auntie Chris gave me money as well as some yummy sounding Hotel Chocolat truffles, mulled wine flavour... amazing!! 





& you are never too old...

...for a kiss from Santa or a cuddle from Mum.




A massively, gigantically and enormously huge thank you to everyone that made my birthday as special as it was.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)