9 March 2014

It's a Lush Life

After missing my usual Sunday post last week, I am back! I'd had a really tough week back at work and wanted to spend my weekend relaxing and escaping from my usual routine. However in usual Jenny fashion I have bounced back to my positive and slightly mental self again.

This week I wanted to talk about LUSH. Last Saturday I went into the Harrogate shop and had a great chat with the girl who works in there about different products that would suit me. I even walked away with a free sample of their skin tint! I've liked LUSH cosmetics ever since my uni housemate Leah introduced them to me in first year, but I could never afford to buy much on a student budget.


Now that I'm earning a fair whack and have a shop only five minutes away, my collection and love for their products is growing. Not only is their stuff AWESOME, they also have fantastic VALUES such as sourcing 100% recycled packaging, being against animal testing and removing Palm oil from their products. 


In this post I'd like to share some of the products that I've tried and loved. 
My current collection.


Face

Catastrophe cosmetic £5.95
This is a blueberry based face mask for skin that is prone to breakouts and problems. My skin is sensitive and reacts to a lot of things. One day it's oily, the next it's dry so this face mask was great for calming my skin. LUSH do a range of fresh face masks for all sorts of skin types so it's worth going in and asking.





Imperialis £12.75
Celestial £11.95
As well as face masks, LUSH also have lots of different face creams because everyone's skin is different! I actually own two different moisturisers for when my skin is playing different games. Imperialis is packed full of plant infusions and is great for combination skin. Celestial is a thicker, more nourishing cream for drier days.



Light Pink Skin Supplement  £8.95
This is a new find for me. I went into LUSH last weekend to buy another pot of imperialis and happened to mention my love of tinted moisturiser. Lo and behold, they have a small selection of skin tints which are much better than choosing between light and dark (I'm talking about you Garnier and Nivea). I managed to get a freebie sample that lasted me all week and was lovely to use! Being the sucker that I am, I went and bought a tub yesterday.

Lips


Popcorn Lip scrub £5.50
I have already convinced a few friends to buy a lip scrub. It basically exfoliates the dead skin off your lips and leaves them feeling soft. It is edible too so you can enjoy whichever flavour you choose.







Honey Trap £5.75
This one is just a super lip balm for using on it's own or after your scrub :)






Hair

Sea Spray £9.95
I bought this way back in the Summer of 2013. I used it a lot on holiday after I'd been in the pool or the sea to give my hair that scrunchy-wave beach look. It smells gorgeous, leaves hair wavy but not crunchy or sticky and it seems to last forever. I now use it on lazy mornings to give my naturally slightly wavy hair some oomph.



Despite all the love I give them, I do NOT recommend buying the henna hair dye from LUSH. Leah tried it during second year of uni and I can only say it resembled elephant poop.


Body

Vanillary Solid Perfume £6.50
The fact that this is so much lighter than carrying round a glass bottle of perfume should make it a winner. I have a vanilla natural collection spray from Boots that I spritz on my clothes each day so this vanilla perfume is a perfect match. I quickly dab a little on my neck and wrists as I'm rushing to work in this morning. It's great for an easy top-up during the day too. I've had compliments about how lovey I smell while wearing this too ;)



I have also tried their shower gel, shower jelly, soaps and bath bombs. Some are amazing and smell gorgeous while others haven't been my thing at all. I just like to go in, have a sniff of everything and just try stuff out.


For the full range of products visit www.lush.co.uk or your local LUSH shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)