16 March 2014

Spring Feeling


The sun is streaming through my window on this fine Sunday morning! Despite having a pretty intense Monday coming up (we have a local authority inspection at work) I'm feeling really relaxed and positive. I'm currently sat drinking a cup of tea in bed, listening to the delightful voice of George Ezra. Usually I spend my weekends with Ryan and Sundays are reserved for adventures but he is in Essex visiting his family. The sun is far too inviting to spend the day indoors though so I am still going to go for a solo-wander :)

Last weekend was a beautifully sunny one too. We went on a bit of a trek over the moors to visit Rievaulx Abbey and Rievaulx Terrace. I have been to Rievaulx a couple of times before with my family and it is a really beautiful place to spend a few hours. Back in the Summer of 2011, this happened....


Last weekend wasn't too different apart from the sunshine! Apparently it doesn't matter who I'm with, the camera still comes out for silly pictures and self-timer poses. I think Ryan had a good time exploring the abbey even though I kept stopping and reminiscing rather than thinking about the historical aspects! He did get his own back by taking me to the terrace which I'd not been to but he had. The views were spectacular and we even did a spot of sunbathing! 



During the week I still had that Spring feeling, my class went outside for a maths lesson looking at directional language and I didn't want my break duty to end on Friday. Yesterday I was up at the crack of dawn as usual, even though it was Saturday, so I decided to Spring clean some of the flat. I hadn't planned to but the kitchen was just a disaster and I wanted to take my mind off work for an hour. I have to say my mind felt clear and refreshed knowing I had two clean spaces to spend time in. I soon went to sleep last night in my fresh sheets :)


(For the eagle-eyed readers, that is an empty wine bottle I intend to put flowers in!)

Obviously the first thing I wanted to do in my clean kitchen was to make a mess in it! I had the urge to cook and bake lots of yummy things yesterday while I was doing my food shop. I realised that I was clearly procrastinating so I made a deal with myself to finish work and then bake. Sitting down with my home-made sweet potato and chicken curry, with Victoria sponge for pudding, having finished my work for the day and finding 500 days of Summer on Film4 was the BEST feeling. 



Today I am going to take a stroll around the stray, get my fringe trimmed and buy some Nutella to make these AWESOME Nutella Brownies that I read about on Lily loves Lola Blog. I'm sure they will feature on the blog next week if they are successful!

Happy Weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)