19 January 2014

Snippets

This week I couldn't chose one particular theme to focus on for my Sunday post. Nothing has really stood out as a post-worthy event or idea and it's been one of those weeks where I've jumped from one thing to another and some days have been a little topsy turvy.

Last Sunday I went on a little adventure to the Peak District with Ryan. It was FREEZING. It was actually minus 1! The walk was lovely and the views were amazing. It had even warmed up a few degrees by the time we got there. Ryan did some climbing and I did my first ever belay. My fingers got so cold and I started to worry that I might let go of the rope so I cried. Yes, I cried in the cold next to some rock. Sooooo cool.




 Recently I have picked up what might be considered a little bit of an old lady hobby. I was getting bored of coming home from work, eating dinner and wasting away my evenings in front of the TV so I decided to get creative. I ordered this campervan cross stitch for just £2.70 from Amazon to see if I had the patience for it. Addictive doesn't even cover it! I didn't want to put it down even when my fingers started to ache. I have now ordered a crochet for beginners kit to try. Such a granny in my youth!


In school we are really getting into our Reach for the Sky topic. The children are so motivated to find out more and more about space and are genuinely excited for our topic lessons. We have a planetarium coming in this week that even I am excited about!!


I am slowly getting back into yoga, not as much as I was doing before but some at least! I did an hour long intermediate session this week and I have to admit that it challenged me. I've discovered some new poses that I really like and I've re-discovered my motivation for yoga. Apologies to my instagram followers in  advance!!


There was also time this week for a lunch date with Sofia. She is only in York so really we should meet up more often! I took her to Wildes in York, a cute wine bar that I was taken to in 3rd year at uni. The food was delicious and it was great to catch up and talk about things that weren't work related. 


 In between everything else I've been up to, I also threw together a Banana loaf with some leftover bananas. The recipe was from BBC GoodFood and it is more of a sponge cake than a loaf. It is delicious if I don't say so myself!


If anyone has any interesting crafty hobbies that they think I'll enjoy, please pass ideas this way!!

Enjoy the week ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)