26 December 2013

Becoming Human

After two months of monotonous eat, sleep, teach, repeat (thank you Fatboy Slim for inspiring that depressing motto) it is FINALLY the Christmas holidays for us teachers. I must say that I am NOT sorry that I have a blissful 16 days off from work for Christmas. I have worked hard and most definitely deserve every second of holiday us teachers are offered! I'm going to spend my two weeks actually having a life as a human being once again :)

I haven't been back to Wolverhampton since July when we jetted off to Spain for our family holiday. Currently I am sat in my parents living room, in my spot, as if I'd never even left. It's not very often that the whole family is together nowadays since both me and Nikki left for Uni. It's nice to know that we all just slot back into life as a family unit and we are still all as mental as always.
Sisters at Christmas Dinner.

Padre passing out the pressies!

Even though my Graduation was over a month ago now, I finally decided that I'd like to buy myself an ipad mini with the money I was given. In my typical ditsy fashion, I decided this on Christmas Eve. Luckily the shops weren't too busy and I was in and out of Argos in under 15 minutes! It's not going to make me the most sociable person to be around but I am excited to start face-timing friends and keeping up with social media! The main purpose of buying it was just for chilling out :) listening to music, playing games reading blogs and magazines in the evenings after school. I am an apple/tablet/any kind of technology novice so please send app recommendations this way!!!


I'm not a massive Boxing Day sales lover to be quite honest. You will never catch me setting my alarm for ridiculous o'clock to try and nab a bargain... that I will most likely not even wear. However when I saw that Surf Dome had up to 60% off, I had to check it out. As well as selling awesome stuff, they also offer free delivery and returns in the UK, which always makes them a winner in my book. I ordered my self two lovely cardigans that should have been £80 each! I need some new knitwear so obviously made some sensible sale choices. I love Roxy clothing so the black, chunky knit from Quicksilver was instantly added to the basket! Sitka was a brand I'd not heard of but their slouchy, green cardigan was right up my street. After some googling I found out that Sitka is a Canadian surf/skate shop with a pretty cool website. Who'd have known eh?

Sitka - £30.38


Quicksilver - £35.98

As well as all these lovely treats I was buying for myself, I'm not sure if you noticed but it was Christmas yesterday! I thoroughly enjoyed using the new ipad to check out all the presents my friends had received and all the yummy food they were scoffing!! Every year me and Nikki make little piles of our gifts down the sides of the sofa and take a picture. Here is my little stash of goodies...


My Christmas haul included the traditional Jenny presents: plenty of chocolate, socks, perfume, DVDs, a calendar for next year and some girly smellies (this year from Lush). My big presents this year were some cosy reindeer pyjama bottoms and  purple gillet from Fat Face. I also got these beautiful Blowfish boots that I've had my eye on since October half term! Ryan wouldn't let me buy them then because I couldn't really afford them. He was right though :)


My favourite surprise presents were a Merry Marshmallow Yankee Candle and a gorgeous Elephant teapot from my friend Sam. Usually I would opt for the Christmas cookie scented candle but I'm glad my sister discovered this one. I'd actually forgotten to put this on my list this year so it was really nice to open this and inhale the creamy scented goodness on Christmas morning! I must have talked a lot about elephants and tea this year, or perhaps Sam just knows me really well :) I didn't even know elephant teapots existed. I also got some lovely wintery-spice teapigs tea bags to go in it, amazing!!

 

Right. Let's take a MASSIVE step away from all things Christmassy now as you have most probably had enough. As part of my 'becoming an actual human being' plan over the holidays, I really want to get back into yoga. I have neglected my practice a LOT since I started teaching. That's a lie, it's actually none-existent nowadays. I must admit I have been awful at doing anything outside work apart from the odd plans on a weekend and that needs to change in the new year! I got a bit excited (and very geeky) looking at yoga apps on my ipad. I decided to download the Yoga Studio app for £1.99 because it has ready made classes, hundreds of poses and you can custom make the classes to suit you as well. I also used the schedule section to timetable in classes for myself until the end of February!!


While I'm not at work I don't just intend to be glued to the ipad. I'm just talking about it a lot because it's my new toy... promise! I do actually want to go outside, do stuff and talk to people. I'm meeting Dally for a drink tomorrow after months apart; we will certainly have a lot to catch up on! Then for new year I'm off to spend New Year with Ryan's family in Chelmsford :)

OMG, totes going to have an awesome time in Essex ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)