8 December 2013

How time flies

Those who know me will back me up when I say I'm not the soppiest or most romantic of people. I'm not one for public displays of affection or posting love-birdy type things accross my social media accounts. However, this week I quietly celebrated six months with Ryan. I'm not a month celebrator but I think half a year is quite significant and I can't believe it is here already!

Not many people really knew about us when it all started, as University had just finished and everyone had started to move back to their homes accross the UK. Usually everybody wants to know the ins and outs of everything but it was really nice getting to know each other in the Summer, at a time where I didn't many responsibilities. 

We've spent loads of time together; jetting off to Barcelona after just two months, camping in Wales and lots of little day trips too. Ryan is living with me at the moment which makes it easy to spend weekends and evenings doing fun things (when I don't fall asleep after work that is!). I think we do have quite a lot in common but a lot of differences too which keeps it interesting. I definitely think I've got a new best buddy as well as a boyfriend :)


As well as being a friend, he has also been with me through a time where I moved home and started my first teaching job. Ryan knows the names of all my pupils, listens to all my ridiculous stories and makes me cups of tea on the days I come home and just need a good cry. He even made an appearance at graduation too :) He's definitely a winner with my Mum at the moment.


Even though this will probably give him a big head, I have learnt lots too. Ryan knows loads about growing food, cooking food and all the ethical background stuff too. He also loves climbing so I've had a go at that too. I am a total novice! Last week my arms ached for three days afterwards!! I'm not sure if I've taught him anything, but I am slowly working on his awful DVD choices.... never date a film and TV graduate! 




I always get asked how we actually met. York St John students often recognise him from the SU because he works there, but can never comprehend how we actually met. Weirdly we met on twitter! I trawled through my twitter feed yesterday to find you the first lot of communication... not that romantic haha! After tweeting me on the YSJSU twitter account, Ryan followed me on his personal account. Months of tweeting later and we ended up in Evil Eye, chatting over apple strudel cocktails.


Six months later and here we are! It seems such a short time when I look at some of my University friends who are years into relationships and some are even engaged! But you have to start somewhere... watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)