30 October 2013

Half Term Folly

I am currently sat in bed with some deliciously warm pulled pork, chilli and chipotle soup from Marks and Spencers because I've managed to get a cold while it's half term; rubbish! Despite the coughs and sniffles I have had an awesome half term so far. I should probably knuckle down and get some planning and organising done for school but there is still plenty of chances for adventures.

Last weekend was an exciting one because some of my Uni friends were having a house-warming party in Hitchin (just outside London). Of course this was the perfect excuse to catch up with friends that I haven't seen since May :) AND visit the Harry Potter studio tour which is only an hour away from their house!! Sam came down to Harrogate on Friday night ready for us to embark on our cross country road trip early on Saturday morning. However on Saturday we ended up driving via Wetherby to meet Sam's dad because she had forgotten the tickets... DOH!
Totally unflattering picture on our roadtrip

Our journey was lovely; no traffic, the sun  was shining and there were lots of laughs. On Saturday night it was fantastic to catch up with all the uni girlies, even if we did talk teacher for hours on end! We organised another meet up at mine in Harrogate for February half term; hopefully it will be just as fun :) and it's not to far for the Northerners (Sam and Paige, no excuses!)Sunday morning we packed up my little car again ready to drive to our hotel. 

Sam checked her email for our hotel reservation.
No email.

..... "Jenny, do you remember what our hotel is called?"

Soooooo we ended up calling two hotels in Leavesden thinking we had booked one near the studio tour. I was sat looking at pictures saying it was DEFINITELY that one. Nope, no reservations in that name. Sa, decided to call Superbreak and check what we'd actually booked.... a hotel in St Albans, fantastic organisation! We spent a small chunk of time driving around, most definitely not knowing what we were doing. When we finally found the hotel it was cute and cosy :) although it was a bit of a maze to find our room. 

The Harry Potter studio tour was just as amazing as I remember it, but this time it had some Halloween treats! We started in the gift shop as we had quite a late starting tour. We both decided to buy a deathly hallows t-shirt and wear it around the tour; this amused quite a few members of staff. Last time I went, the tour had only been open a month so it was REALLY busy. This time it was much quieter so we had chance to properly look at all the props and sets. I even made friends with a death eater ;)


 As well as our London adventure, I've had plenty of free time to spend perusing the shops and their christmas stock, spend some time with Ryan and actually get a haircut! Hello fringe :) Even though Christmas is coming up I couldn't help but treat myself to this cosy purple beanie from Blacks and this tartan dress I've seen all over the blogosphere. Especially as it is only £15 from Primark. I did spot these cute and warm looking pyjama bottoms in Fat Face, that my budget won't quite stretch to, so they have been Christmas-listed.



As it's half term, which is technically a holiday right?! I have treated myself to some of my seasonal favourites. I was waiting until November to eat my first mince pie but it's so very difficult when Gregg's have started selling them in packs of six. Gregg's mince pies are my ultimate favourites!! Last week I told you about the salted caramel hot chocolate I tried in Starbucks but I'm afraid Costa has hit the spot as my favourite seasonal drink. They are currently selling a Hot spiced Apple which is GORGEOUS. It is apple juice with cinnamon and star anise; it warms you up without being too sickly or heavy.



If it's not mince pies or hot drinks, it's definitely cute couple-type things that have got me feeling all warm and gooey inside. I found out on twitter at the start of the week that one of my favourite bloggers A Rosie Outlook is now engaged! You can read all about her beautiful proposal with candles in a yurt on her blog. If that news wasn't cute enough, the ultimate cutest of all cute couples have posted this....


I don't often feel soppy or broody but I definitely am this week. I think it's just my love of all things Autumn that has got me feeling this way so no need to worry Ryan... or Mum and Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)