20 October 2013

Awesome Autumn.

Autumn is my favourite of all the seasons and it is finally here and in full swing already!! It's only one week until half term, which is when I can fully enjoy all the goodness that Autumn has to offer. I thought I'd dedicate this week's blog post to all my favourite things about Autumn. Shhhh, no, of course I didn't do that last year ;)

Cold weather drinks
Coffee shops and cafes are one of my favourite places to stop at all year round; they sell cake, duh! However, Starbucks are one of my favourite because they have such amazing seasonal drinks such as the Pumpkin Spice Latte and Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. I had my very first salted caramel hot chocolate last Sunday and I definitely want to tuck into one again (even if it does take up my entire dairy allowance for the day!)


Leaves
Big crunchy, colourful ones! Whether you are four years old, twenty four or even eighty four, you are still going to love stepping on crunchy leaves. This is coming from a girl who still plays 'don't step on a crack' on a regular day BUT you know I'm right :)



Outdoorsy Fun
The sweltering heat of the Summer has passed but the weather is still mild enough for plenty of explorations and adventures. Put your biggest coat on and maybe even your wellies and go outside to play :) have a look at visitwoods.org.uk to find some interesting woodlands near you.


I got outdoorsy today and helped Ryan transport all his plants to the York St John Uni allotments. He needed to get rid of them as he is moving in with me in a few weeks time, eek! So he decided to make a lovely herb garden to accompany all the salad they are growing at the moment.



Autumn Clothes!
I am most definitely a cosy clothes kind of girl. I love woolly socks, thick jumpers and scarfs. No doubt I'll end up with numerous pairs of new socks and maybe some knitwear in the next few weeks! I've been looking everywhere for a new beanie but I'm set on having a purple one which nobody seems to sell :(

Halloween
After transporting fifteen pumpkins to YSJSU today (as well as the entirety of Ryan's herb garden) I have been really excited for Halloween! I hate it when shops start putting out all of the Christmas things in October because they are missing a vital holiday!!! I'm a lover of scary films, dressing up and all things spooky so I don't like to miss Halloween. I've even been on the look out for spooky crafts to do with my class.


Bonfire Night
My FAVOURITE holiday. Yes, even slightly more than Christmas. I love wrapping up warm, drinking hot drinks, warming my face by the bonfire and sharing the fireworks with people I love. Last year we went to the show in York and had a few glasses of delicious mulled wine. This year I'm thinking of joining everyone on the Stray in Harrogate.

It is almost time for Christmas Lists
I do still LOOOOOVE Christmas, even if bonfire night is my absolute fave. Who can resist all the merriment?!?! Scrooges :P Even though I'm on a lovely teacher's salary now, I'm still keeping the purse strings tight. Which means I've been adding everything to a never-ending Christmas list. Here are two items that I am trying so hard not to buy RIGHT NOW.
Fat Face - £65

Blowfish - £70

AND MINCE PIES!!!!!!!
I feel as if they were handcrafted by God! I'm also pretty sure that if they were available all year round I would be obese. I know I could make my own at any time but that would just be fatal. I'm seriously just TOO EXCITED about eating one of these in a daily after school ritual with a cup of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)