21 April 2013

The prettiest thing to wear is a smile..

...but sometimes a little help can't hurt ;)

Every girl has a secret stash of products that they always use; it's like there is an unwritten rule that once you find something that works, you must remain faithful. Honestly one of my worst nightmares is when one of my favourite products are discontinued, they are like rare magic potions that can never ever be replaced! I love trying new things that have been rated highly in reviews but this week I thought I'd give you a sneak peak into my holy grail girly essentials...

Body

Body Shop vanilla lotion, Venus Spa Breeze razor, Soap and Glory breakfast scrub, Sudocrem, Original Source vanilla raspberry shower wash, St Ives apricot face scrub, Dove pomegranate deodorant.

I love subtle and fresh scents when it comes to body products rather than really overbearing strong aromas. The vanilla tones in the shower wash and the lotion are lovely and don't detract from the fresh pomegranate deodorant or my perfume.

Soap and Glory breakfast scrub is my absolute all time FAVOURITE scrub. It smells like banana and maple syrup, with just a hint of a coffee. It is quite expensive so I have this as a weekly treat; seriously it's so good I could eat it.

My skin really just doesn't like any face products, I use a variety of different face wipes and washes depending on how it's feeling but the only constant is the St Ives apricot scrub. It smells gorgeous and my skin is always so smooth and soft after I use it.

The Sudocrem is my spot cure :) it dries them right up!

Hair
Aussie mega shampoo & conditioner, Organic coconut milk serum, Lee Stafford hair growth treatment, Bastiste dry shampoo.

I know you are supposed to change your shampoo every time you buy, but I always just alternate between Aussie and Herbal Essences. I usually do the swap to Herbal when my hair needs some TLC because they have a fab coconut shampoo for dry hair.

I bought a bottle of coconut serum last summer to try, even though it seemed a bit expensive for the tiny bottle. However I still have the same bottle now, 10 months later! You only use the tiniest blob on the ends of your hair. It smells soooooo divine, sometimes I can't help but give my hair a sniff!

The Lee Stafford hair growth treatment was something I had read a lot of reviews on and I was a bit sceptical about at first. I think I'm probably on my 20th tub by now! I don't think it makes your hair grow significantly faster but what is does do, is promote healthy growth. My hair has never felt so smooth and shiny :) You can use it every day inbetween your shampoo and condition but I prefer to use it twice a week now for a nice hit of minerals.

Bastiste dry shampoo is just a life saver! I like the 'wild' one because it smells just like the Lee Stafford products :) Hair scent compatibility of course!! 

Make-up

Nivea BB cream, Bourjois bronzer & healthy mix foundation, Burt's Bees lip balm, Natural Collection peach melba blush, Max Factor false lash effect mascara.

On a usual day I just stick to my BB cream, a quick lashing of mascara and some lip balm. I used to wear the Nivea tinted moisturiser but it's now really hard to get your hands on :( after a mini-breakdown I decided to move with the times and try their BB cream and it's okay! I had a bad experience with Garnier BB cream (breakouts galore) so I'm really glad this one works.

On a day or a night out I'll wear a smidge more make-up; I mix a small blob of Bourjois healthy mix foundation with my BB cream for a bit more coverage. I then use either the Bourjois bronzer in the summer or the Natural Collection peach melba blush when I'm a bit paler. Sometimes I might do a brown eye-liner flick or a teeny bit of eye shadow, but it's rare!

Perfume

Marc Jacobs Daisy, Paco Rabanne Black XS.

I do usually wear perfume on a daily basis but sometimes I do forget! Black XS is my first choice perfume, I always get a bottle for Christmas :) When that runs out I usually have a Daisy sitting in my drawer as my back up. I used to wear Britney Spears' Fantasy as my day to day perfume but it got a bit too popular for my liking, even though it's quite a cheap option! 

If anyone has any beauty suggestions or products they think I should try, I'd love to hear! 


1 comment:

  1. If you sometimes suffer from dry hair, I use Percy and Reed for dry hair, they have a wide range, you can get on Asos or QVC, their whole range is so good, and smells lovely :) they also do a dry shampoo and dry conditioner which is lovely :). I recommend it to any one :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for getting in touch :)