28 April 2013

Hey man, now you're really living.

I have only been back in York a week? Well it feels more like a month, I've been so busy! I only have three weeks left at Uni which frankly makes me feel a bit sick when I think about it, but at the same time I'm really excited to take the next steps in life :) I still don't have a teaching job so it's all still a bit up in the air at the moment; I really want to enjoy my last chance at being a proper student but I have SO MUCH to get done before it's all over...

Library living
You know it is assignment time at York St John when you have to get to the library before 10am to get a computer or a table for your laptop. Honestly it has been sooooo busy, I spent eight hours in there the other day which I think is my personal record! I've been writing my personal philosophy of education, which is quite nice but it's so difficult to find research and books that link to what you believe in :( I'm supposed to be in the library right now (Saturday morning) but after a few drinkies last night I managed to fall back asleep after I'd got up and started to get ready.. such a Granny, can't deal with late nights! Apologies for being a total let-down guys, you know who you are <3

Snapchat Procrastination
THE BANE OF MY LIFE. Rather than actually doing work, everyone is now sending each other pictures of themselves next to piles of work and books..not actually doing any work. If you don't know what this snapchat malarky is, it's just an app where you can send stupid pictures for a couple of seconds. That is it.  I still managed the other night to have a snapchat battle with Sam for OVER AN HOUR. Seriously. What is wrong with us? I could have written 300 words of an assignment in that time but no, I made myself look like Mr Napkin head instead...

Oxfam volunteering
Inbetween applying for teaching jobs and going teacher-stuff mad, I wanted to sort out something fun to do over the Summer. I've been volunteering with Oxfam since September and once you do 3 months with them it opens up a lot of doors to other things. I was so excited to get back there last Sunday after a few weeks off while I was on placement :) it helps me clear my head of Uni things and keeps me sane... kind of. So I decided to apply for Oxfam festivals this summer :)

I got accepted to do five days at Kendal Calling, right in the heart of the Lake District! I basically have to get there early, set up the shop and make it look pretty :) then while the actual festival is on, I do a six hour shift each day and have the rest of the time off, sweeeeeet! They also feed me while I'm there :P Kendal Calling is only a small festival but I'm still excited to go, plus Primal Scream are headlining! COUNTRY GIIIIRL TAKE MY HAND...


Yoga obsession
I'm starting to become one of those annoying people that just talk about yoga and it's benefits all the time, but I really don't care! I'd been bitten by the yoga bug and I love it so much :) You can do a gentle stretch or really push yourself with a vigorous strength, balance, fat-burning or flexibility session. 

I apologise to people who follow me on instagram because you are probably fed up of yoga-related pictures but there is a really big yoga community on there and I want to get iiiiin ooon thaaaaat. There are some amazingly powerful yogis on there who have inspired me to try and push myself! A month ago I couldn't do the crow :) look at me now haha. Here are a few people that I follow, absolutely amazing...

hip to your jive                                       yoga stuff

 
Happy lotus yoga                             yoga chic 111

Lovely outings
My student loan is pretty scarce this semester as they've given me less than usual and I'm not too sure how long I'm in York for. However, I'm still partial to a treat here and there ;) On Friday I did a bit of double whammy because I went out for lunch and drinks! I'd put in a good 10+ hours in the library all week so me and Sam decided to go to Cafe 68 on Gillygate for a spot of tea and yummy homemade food. We both opted for a fruity Twinings tea and a gorgeous veggie burger with chunky chips. We had the perfect seat looking out of the back window. Bliss!


After a very slow bike ride to Morrissons because my stamina is ridiculously bad, I had to try and make myself look lovely. I can't remember the last time I actually did something even resembling proper eye make-up and felt like bloomin' bambi! When I'd finally remembered how to put make-up on, I headed off out in TORRENTIAL rain... well until we caved and got a taxi. Holly recommended a little pub near the shambles called Pivni where we had a delightful raspberry beer. Yes, I said beer. Me, drinking beer!


We then moved onto the cocktails in Slug and Lettuce and Bora Bora which is something I have more expertise in ;) We ended up in Duchess and didn't realise it was an R&B night... cue hilarious dancing! Let's just say my booty just don't do it like Beyonce's...

Hope you guys all had an awesome week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)