10 February 2013

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?


Have you ever wondered why Valentines day is in February? Yeah it's all fine and dandy for those who can snuggle up and keep warm, but what about all the poor singletons. Valentines falls in possibly THE most depressing month of the year (if you forget about pancake day for a minute). If it was in August, I'd be too busy getting a tan and going on holiday to even think about my relationship status.

... and why is it that I am more concerned about Valentines (or my lack of) more now I'm single than when I was in a relationship for like FOREVER?! Now  I keep finding all these lovely internet images pretty much summarise my feelings towards the dreaded 14th this year.



Pretty, darn, grim. I've told Sammy and Leah that when I eventually get back from placement, I'm going to play a very loud and depressing playlist of love songs while I mark books or plan, but I'm only winding them up of course :) if you are interested in making an anti-valentine playlist then please feel free to add the following.

 

BUT I totally shouldn't be down about valentines day! I read somewhere that we should think about those people that don't have their mum on mothers day or their dad on fathers day, and it really puts it in perspective. So instead I am going to remember all the good things I have for the other 363 days of the year :) and it doesn't hurt to think about all the amazing reasons it's better to be single!


For my fellow teachers out there, as I have done a not very teachery blog for once, this is for you. Instead of RE, give your class a treat and talk to them about St Valentine and how he married young soldiers in secret :) let them know it's not all about the flowers and chocolates but instead to celebrate (supposedly) a man who just made the world a better place! I did it last year with my year threes and they loved it, they can even make cards for their families.


So best wishes to you all :) whether you are being all yucky in love, or if it's just your standard Thursday!
 xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)