6 January 2013

Ultimate Profesh.

I'd like to think that as an emerging professional, I take problems in my stride and I'm more concerned with the adult issues of the world. But I really don't care how trivial this is... I am having a teaching wardrobe dilemma.

It's not about usual things, such as making my bum look smaller or appearing not to be a lanky so-and-so, it's all about practicality in the classroom as well as looking uber chic! Number one is that you have to look smart (being profesh and all) so it's usually a blousey trousery type thing which isn't me at all. I'd rather wear a nice smart dress :) but then you have got to be able to lean over without engulfing children's heads and you also can't step over small beings sat nicely on the carpet and flash them the bridget jones'.

Miss Norbury, Miss Halsey and Miss Fitzpatrick all look smart AND cute; I do wonder why they are all Miss and not Mrs. Can you just imagine having them all sat opposite you in the staff room?!? Giiiirl envy!



Us teachers need some form of a style guru, I'm sorry but black trousers and turtle necks just aren't going to make me happy. Even Miss Honey was rocking a bit of peplum, despite Matilda coming out mid-nineties.


Any guys reading this, you totally have it easy... If Mr Schneebly can get it right, it's pretty darn impossible to go wrong!


Here is a lovely piece of artwork from my Year 5/6 class in first year. I was totally pulling off the Frankie Sandford crop and floral palazzo trousers ;) even if I had no hands. It's fine and dandy when the kids think you look good but "Miss I like your shoes" gets boring after a while. Now I'm more concerned about what the staff think and how I'm going to make a good impression on placement and at interviews. As I said before, I'm not your standard suit wearing type... help!!


Let's talk about my absolute FAVE television teacher and future me, Jessica Day. If you don't want to hear it again, just skip to the next paragraph mwuhahaha! How does she look so darn cute all the time? Even when teaching sex ed. I want her outfit on the right to magically appear in my wardrobe before I start placement, pretty please with sugar lumps. 


Someone please contact me as there is an opening to become my personal professional dresser helper type person. I can't pay you however because I am poor. At least I know I probably shouldn't take style tips from Professor Trelawney...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)