11 November 2012

Quit yo Jibber-jabber!

So does anyone else think like they had just hit a brick wall? I'm halfway through my first semester and the motivation levels are totally slacking. Even thinking about writing my blog for this Sunday I am having serious writers block; I am sat in my pyjamas finishing off last minute before work which NEVER usually happens. Now this sounds pretty random but me and Nikki love the Snickers adverts with Mr T. When I was tempted by whingey territory last night, Mr T pops into my head and I have decided there is a bucket load of things I need to man-up and get doing!

Write my personal statement and get myself sorted for Durham Pools. If I actually want to get myself a job I really need to get myself organised. I am halfway there but I need to fight through the writers block and get into the zone with my standard blabbery flair.


Buy and eat many more mince pies & get myself an advent calendar sorted. Oxfam are selling some really cute Christmas goodies in store and online, so I will probably be a good volunteer and snag myself one of these fair trade chocolate lovelies before they are all gone.


Stop eating out so much and actually start cooking myself some decent food. Five a day is becoming a distant friend. If I'm going to become Wonderwoman in the next month then I should probably eat some more greens. Remember the days when I used to be a self-proclaimed culinary genius and post all my delicious grub on my blog? 


Start saving so that in the distant future I can afford to buy myself some new Ugg boots. I keep pining over the lovely classic short chestnut boots because I imagine they will keep my tooties nice and toasty (without flapping all over the place like my bailey button ones).

Stop ordering domino's pizza just because it's two for Tuesdays. Especially as I am not supposed to be eating dairy! It just tastes so darn good when it's coupled with a potterthon. No more pizza and no more potter unless I've read a few textbooks and written some amazing academic stuff!



Think more about my values as a teacher; I am quite enjoying this module at Uni to be honest, I like to get all philosophical :) My values metaphor is below, yeah it looks easy, but when you have 625 words to talk about your values as a teacher it turns into a massive stress-fest.


Plan a trip to Rome, got that wanderlust feeling after my Parisian adventures. Buongiorno endless plates of Spaghetti Bolognese. I have also put this fabulous book from Urban Outfitters on my Christmas list so I can plan some more future endeavors. 
Exercise a little more. The days of fresh sunny bike rides are over so I'm finding myself slipping further and further into hibernation mode. I need to whack out some of my yoga moves.. cobra, downward facing dog or frost sun salutation anybody?


Buy some Christmas presents! Surprisingly my Mum and Dad are sorted for this year but I still have a list of people for whom I have diddly squat. At least I have loads of wrapping paper left over from last year because I got very over-excited.


I should probably practice my Français. I'm never going to work my way out of low ability otherwise!


Take somebody to Wildes Wine Bar. Emma took me here to celebrate her passing her QTS exams (well done Gakkey!) and it really is a hidden gem so I will be passing on her little secret.


I will rekindle my love for Mcfly and listen to this song over and over while I do my assignments. Any band that has a pink ukulele and Dougie Poynter will always be AMAZING. I also need to catch up on Celebrity Juice as I hear Mr Poynter was a guest, woooo!


Remember to look after my hair and skin. Man I really have got lazy lately! I must promise to make regular use of my St Ives Scrub and Lee Stafford Hair treatment. You know what they say, look good, feel great, write great assignments. Well here's to hoping! :)


1 comment:

  1. so much love for this blog! and too much love for Wildes. love galley :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for getting in touch :)