25 January 2015

Just a glimpse

Boat watching at Trelissick Gardens

Even though I forgot to write a blog post last weekend, I still don't really have that much to say. It's not that I haven't been busy doing stuff, I just don't feel anything has been stand-alone blog worthy just yet. This post is kind of a quick round up of some of the things I've been up to in the past fortnight as there has been plenty of Cornwall exploring and a trip to York thrown in for good measure.

A few weekends ago we ventured out to the North coast of Cornwall to visit Padstow. We live on the South coast but most of the North coast can be reached within an hour. During the Winter we decided it's best to visit towns on the weekend when the shops are more likely to be open and Padstow didn't disappoint. There were plenty of cute seaside shops as well as the usual Fat Face and surf clothes shops. Ryan got himself this lovely jumper in the White Stuff sale. We ate lunch at Rick Stein's Fish and Chips (who currently have a cheap winter special) before having a stroll around the harbour. Seaside Saturdays at their finest!


Last week started off with a busy couple of days at work with the Eden Gathering. Everyone who works at Eden comes together and spends two days celebrating, exploring the site, having fun and drinking plenty of tea. After work on Tuesday we travelled the eight hours up to York so that Ryan could go and spend some time in his office... I just tagged along for a mini-break. Thank you to Viv and Dave for letting us move back temporarily! While we were in York I visited Sam in Yarm to catch up and exchange very geeky Christmas presents. We also went to help out in Viv and Dave's woodland before warming up with toasted marshmallows - it was so pretty with a coating of snow.


Back in Cornwall it has been nonstop for me at work this week, I was very thankful to spend Friday evening snuggled in a blanket with my feet up... wild!! Yesterday Ryan managed to drag me out of the house, despite my great desire to stay in bed, and we had a fun day at St Mawes beach. The sun was shining, we had a pasty for lunch whilst watching the boats and I found two really awesome shells. Fingers crossed for good weather again today because Ryan wants to go sea-cliff climbing!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)