20 July 2014

Bon Voyage


It is ALMOST the summer holidays. I can feel the end but I'm just not quite there yet. Of course I'm not totally jealous of my friends who have broken up for the Summer already ;) We are finally winding down at work ready for the Summer with performances, barbeques and picnics on the field but going in for two days this week seems like a really silly idea. My mind is now on a one track mission for some serious relaxation and fun this Summer!! I've already started to switch off at the weekends and have been spending less time working since I finished my reports. Last weekend I was in Yarm visiting Sam and had my first ever horse riding lesson! There are children in my class that could have done a much better job but it was exciting to try something new.

This weekend was spent lazing around, finishing a few jobs, eating yummy food and finally doing some Summer shopping. I visited Boots and stocked up on goodies with Summery scents such as Batiste Oriental Dry Shampoo and Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo. York was full of shops that were having sales so I spent three hours ambling round the cobbled streets and visiting some of my favourite places. I picked up some beautiful silver earrings from Accessorize with 50% off. The peach coloured dress below I found on the sale rail in Dorothy Perkins for £17 and the monochrome dress was a charity shop bargin at just £5!


As well as spending my hard-earned wages on cute girly things, I have been saving up for my Summer plans. Luckily Ryan is organised and has planned a road trip for us through France and Spain for a few weeks. We are taking my car and all Ryan's camping gear and stopping with friends and family along the way. I am finally visiting my cousin and her baby in the South of France which is very exciting! After France we are hopefully stopping off in Barcelona where we had our first holiday together and then spending a week gatecrashing at a villa in Spain that my family have booked.

The whole point of our little road trip is to explore and discover areas that we might want to live in. Ryan has always wanted to live in France and I'm up for a change with my itchy feet (six addresses in the past 4 years!). We took a trip to the Vangarde Shopping Centre in York today as I haven't been before and we soon ended up in the home section of John Lewis. I fell in love with their whole Mexican collection! I am obssessed with having my own place one day so I can decorate it... just take a look at my homey Pinterest board. I know I'm crazy :)


Ryan wants to start a new blog together that have pictures and details of our travels as we go. Hopefully by my next post I will know more about our plans!

à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)