24 July 2014

beginnings and endings

"In life, there are no true beginnings or endings. Events flow into each other, and the more you try to isolate them in a container, the more they spill over the side."
Gavin Extence -The Universe Versus Alex Woods

Tuesday 22nd July 2014 was a very important day. It was was a day for goodbyes, thank yous, congratulations and celebrations. It was the day I finally completed my year as a newly qualified teacher and I felt awesome!! The time had also come to say goodbye to my first teaching job, my first classroom, my first colleagues and the first class that were all my responsibility. My facebook feed was full of university friends that were congratulating themselves on completing a tough year and perhaps shedding a tear or two. 

I want to say a massive WELL DONE to each and every one of you! It has been one of the most difficult years of my life and I am so proud of all that I have achieved and the emotional mountains I have had to climb and conquer! 

I must admit that I am ready to move on now, I didn't shed a single tear when I left school on Tuesday evening and I still haven't! You might think of me as heartless but I see that journeys come to an end but the memories last a life time. Having a case of itchy feet, I don't tend to stay in one place for long - I recently had to sit in the co-op bank and explain why I have had six addresses over the last four years!

New adventures and exciting journeys are what I am looking forward to now. Finishing my NQT year only means it is time for celebrations, a month of travel and to continue with my TEFL course. I will of course look back with fond memories of the past year, but my heart is focused on enjoying the present and feeling excited for future escapades.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)