19 May 2013

Odd Ponderings

I think I'm going to save my 'WAA UNI IS OVER' blog for another time. Instead I have been thinking about when I stopped seeing the world as a child and started having to deal with all this proper grown up stuff. Kids see the world in a totally different way to us, they are so inquisitive and can actually be pretty deep. As a teacher I will also have to answer some pretty tricky questions... including some awkward ones too (Why are willies floppy? being top of that list so far).


We should NEVER stop asking questions and learning more (totally took that from my personal philosophy essay, oops) so here are some of the weird questions that I always wonder about. If anybody knows the answers, please tell me! 

Where does Space actually end?
I was such a geeky kid (who am I kidding, I'm still a geek) and I found science-y stuff really interesting. Sometimes I would think about space a little but too much though and the thought of infinity rally freaks me out!

Why did we stop wearing togas? 
It's only really the last 100 years that we have stopped wearing long dresses. I don't understand why nowadays us women go out in next to nothing. I vote that we bring back togas, they look so darn comfy!

What is right at the bottom of the sea where it's really dark?
I'm guessing it won't be cute and squishy! I watched a TV programme about giant arthropods before and they are so scary. Honestly DON'T google it unless you are a seriously brave soul.

Why does some of the yummiest food have to be bad for you?
Yes I love my fruits and veggies, probably more than most people, but why are so many of the world's glorious foods high calorie? I think it's everybody's dream to eat want you want and stay thin :P


Why do we cry when we are super happy?
Crying is something you do when you are sad or in pain. That is why your face looks all ugly, red and wrinkly when you cry. I don't want to look like that when I'm happy, so why does it happen?

Are you supposed to chew ice-cream or just pull a funny face while it melts on your tongue?
As someone with sensitive teeth I never bite into anything cold. I know you can crunch ice lollies but when you eat a massive spoonful of ice-cream it's a bit different.

How come Russia gets to be in two continents? 
I only learnt about this 6 days ago. I always thought Russia was in Asia and that they just invaded Eurovision but nooooo. I know they are massive but I think having two continents is a tad greedy. I wasn't really sure what picture to use for Russia so here is a song from Anastasia instead :)


Are Elephants really wise?
I like to think that they are, but are they really? Who judges the intelligence of animals anyway? It's not like they can sit down and do a test. Plus, what do we judge them against?


Why are some people left handed and some right?
Just an unanswered question in my life.

How did people figure out that we can milk cows?
Obviously nature intended us to feed our babies milk like any other animal but whose idea was it to pinch milk from elsewhere? I'm not sure I would have had that udderly fantastic idea.

What happened to Yowies? 
These were the most awesome chocolate treat! My mum used to buy me and Nikki one every week from ASDA :) They are kind of like Kinder eggs but much nicer chocolate and they used to have animals inside. I learnt what a Dugong and a Cassowary are thanks to these. 

What is the likelihood of getting married to a celebrity?
What is the percentage of mere mortals like you and I that actually get married to someone famous? I know for sure that any male celeb would just look at me like this...
YOU CRAZY?!

If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
This is one you have probably heard before but every time I hear it or read it, I get really frustrated because I simply do not know!

Why can't you reach the end of a rainbow?
I am getting more and more cynical about the alleged pot of gold as I get older.

What decides the things we like and don't like?
What creates our personality? I don't think it's in our DNA or hereditary or given to us as a birthday present. So where dos it come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)